“Excellent food and drink in bar...”

The Lodge at Deadwood
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Deadwood
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We're local, so we have no need to stay at this property. However, we have seen ALL the different room categories and they are very spacious, quiet, and pretty plush.

The bar is a great place for drinks and eats. Ambience is what I would call sports bar contemporary meets wood-panelled chic.

Service was attentive and polite.

My wife and I shared the Buffalo nachos made with kettle potato chips... yum. We were still hungry, so we then ordered a single order of Walleye sliders (prepared mini-hamburger style)... they were excellent!

Cocktails were reasonably priced and contained generous pours of alcohol.

Lively crowd across several demographics, everything from gaggles of greying Baby Boomers to families with young children.

We've been here a handful of time since the place opened. Food and service have always been great.

There is a more formal dining room adjacent to bar which is a little more quiet.

Plenty of free parking.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SamKephart
DeadwoodLodge, Manager at The Lodge at Deadwood, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2012

On behalf of the staff and management of the Lodge, we would like to thank you for the great review of all the Lodge facilities. It is a great benefit that we have ample free parking and a little bit of everything for all ages. We look forward to your return visit to the Lodge.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

Rooms are beautifully decorated, staff was very helpful. The bar and grill was very busy and the staff said to just walk around and stare at people until someone gets up. Would have worked better with a hostess. Otherwise very nice!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Krhone

Thank you for taking your time to respond on Tripadvisor about your experience at the Lodge. We strive to make every guests experience their very best that they have ever had while on vacation. We greatly appreciate the feedback and would love to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed January 9, 2012

It's a short drive with a beautiful view up to The Lodge at Deadwood, but a completely different experience from what you find in town. This was my second night in Deadwood during the Christmas holiday and if I had it to do all over, I would have stayed here both nights.

They have plenty of free parking and when you walk in the door, it feels comfortable with earthy tones and textures and wonderfully wide open spaces. No cramped areas in the lobby or casino. There are two restaurants on the property and a gift/munchies shop.

I was on a mission to get a nice room with a separate soaking tub and shower as a treat for myself. As another reviewer mentioned, I was warmly greeted at the desk by Codi. She found a room for me and then said the magic words, "How would you like an upgrade to our largest suite?" I jumped at that deal. It included $50 in restaurant coupons and $50 credit for the slots so I ended up paying a little over $200 for this heavenly experience.

Suite 401 was on the top floor corner and had spectacular mountain views from its two balconies. It was 1000 sq. feet of two large flat screen TVs, full kitchen, two bathrooms, jetted tub, glass shower, soft towels, fluffy robes, ample toiletries, leather furniture, original Raku pottery, four climate control units, dining table for six, separate king bedroom, illusion fireplace with rolling flames, and room service. The only thing I would have changed was a softer mattress, but I'm really particular about that. The whole place was spotlessly clean.

I realized I'd forgotten my razor and asked for a complimentary one at the desk. I fully expected the cheap disposable version, but instead received a premium five-blade. That was a nice surprise.

Every member of the staff was friendly and helpful from the hotel to the casino to the restaurants. Drinks came around regularly in the casino and the slots were loose enough that I came away with some cash in my pocket. This is a completely non-smoking property and that is a delicious change from what you usually experience in a casino environment.

This is my new favorite place to stay in Deadwood. At risk of turning this into the Codi fan page, she is a great asset to this property and thanks to her generosity, I've posted my experience on FB and told everyone I know.

Room Tip: The Lodge property address doesn't show up on some GPS units. Go to the hotel website for coordi...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank TravelGirl-RedCar
DeadwoodLodge, Manager at The Lodge at Deadwood, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2012

Thank you for your generous words about your lodge experience and the Lodge staff. We are a short drive into the Hills from either interstate, a mile north of deadwood. The room that is described is our Presidential Suite, the most luxurious room we have here at the lodge. The suite includes over a thousand square feet of space, a large sitting room with a centrally located fireplace, small kitchenette, separate room with a single king bed, Jacuzzi spa, and two balconies that overlook the Deadwood Valley. The rate she received was the Lodge package, available all year, with $25 dollars in slot play and $25 to use in our two restaurants, Oggies sports bar and grill as well as the Deadwood Grill, fine dining. We do offer our guests selected personal hygiene products in case they were forgotten in the packing process such as razors, shaving cream, toothbrushes, etc. Our Gift shop also has amenities to purchase as well. We are waiting for the GPS update in order to be recognized in such devices. Thank you again for your generosity and we look forward to seeing you during your next stay.

Reviewed January 6, 2012

Just a delightful hotel. The room was clean, well stocked, great towels. ( I am towel freak) Staff was spot on perfect with customer service. We did have a suite level room so I cannot comment on the regluar rooms...It was so worth the money spent.

The only down side was the resturaunt staff would fall into a 2 rating... Food was good service was horrid. We ate there 3 times, during our stay and they were consistently bad.

Room Tip: If you and spring for the suite, I would. Also they have a program if it is your birthday, and yes t...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your generous comments and choosing to stay with us here at the Lodge at Deadwood. I am pleased to hear you were able to experience our lodge with the birthday package, as we hope you choose to do so in the future. The birthday rate is available to anyone over the age of 21 and takes the last two digits of your birth year for the price of the room, good 7 days prior to the guests’ birthday, as well as 7 days after, excluding summer months which we offer a “rain check” so every guest can experience this offer. We, the Lodge Staff, strive for excellence in all departments, I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with the restaurant experience, as I have looked into the issue. Thank you again for your comments and I hope that you return to the Lodge of Deadwood in the future.

Reviewed December 15, 2011

My husband and I reserved a King Deluxe room - it was lovely - clean - and the bed VERY comfortable. When I stepped into the shower however, I almost slipped - nothing on the bottom of the tub to slow down a slip - so be careful there...

I'd give the food 4 out of 5, which in this part of the country, is pretty darn good!

The slots in the Casino were pretty tight (and believe me, we dropped some fun tickets!), so we ended up going down into Deadwood the following night where we found the slots a lot looser.

The help, for the most part was WONDERFUL. Waiters and Waitresses were GREAT. People in the Casino were swell as well. They need to talk to the people at the Front Desk however as the man who checked my husband in was unfriendly - matter of fact, up until the morning we left, NO ONE at the Front Desk ever looked up let alone smiled in our direction or said Good Morning, Hello - or made any attempt at being friendly and polite EXCEPT FOR ONE WOMAN - the day we left - her name was CODI - and we almost dropped our jaw when she said "Good Morning" to us. Very nice gal.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hydieboo
DeadwoodLodge, Manager at The Lodge at Deadwood, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have had at check in. Customer service is our top priority and we regularly train our employees to ensure you have the very best in customer service for the duration of your stay. We certainly hope that when your travels call for a return to the area you choose The Lodge at Deadwood once again.

Reviewed November 4, 2011

This is my second stay after I was there opening week. They have fixed the few problems and it was great. The water was hot this time! Seriously, it was a nice property and the rooms clean and quiet. Lots of pillows! The in room coffee makers are kind of lame and the elevators a bit slow but it is well appointed and I enjoyed my stay. I will stay again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank United858
DeadwoodLodge, Manager at The Lodge at Deadwood, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor! It is greatly appreciated to hear feedback from our guests that have stayed with us multiple time. We look forward to having you visit again soon.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

We have stayed here the past two years for a conference. We had a king room and it is well appointed. The decor is very nice. The room is clean could always be cleaner for me, but that is one thing I am very picky about... We also ate a both restaurants and are very good. I'm sure we will be staying again next year also.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
DeadwoodLodge, Manager at The Lodge at Deadwood, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2011

The staff and management at The Lodge At Deadwood would like to thank you for your comments. It is greatly appreciated to hear feedback from our guests.