“Friendly and fun”
Review of Boondocks

Boondocks
Ranked #32 of 58 Restaurants in Deadwood
Cuisines: Diner
Description: ** WE ARE OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK... 10 AM TO 8 PM ALL SUMMER LONG ** Boondocks is a 1950's Drive Up Diner with an additional Indoor Rock n Roll Dining Room! We also have a wonderful nostalgic Gift Shop that offers even camping and clothing items! Along with the Convienence store, we have the only 94 High Octane gas available in the area. Let us know what you think and Star rate our services :)
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My family stopped here on one of our "tourist days." We go to local attractions and enjoy our area. We stopped here for ice cream on the way home, and sat at the counter. It was fun, and the staff was very friendly. The milkshakes were delicious, as was the apple pie! We will definitely return soon to try the burgers. Very fun place.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

When driving from Deadwood down to Rapid City, we came across this place and were pleasantly surprised! The 50s memorabilia store was great, as well as the small car museum!! Very fun! Then we made our way to the restaurant. The menu was cute, many burgers are named after old celebrities, like Elvis, Merylin Munroe, and James Dean. We ordered James Deans (bacon cheese burgers), fries and strawberry shakes! They were amazing burgers and shakes, among the best I've had. Price wasn't too bad, and they came in a reasonable amount of time! Very reccommended!!

1  Thank Traci T
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My kids my boyfriend and I stopped here to eat on our way home from Pactola. I am soo not impressed in any way . In the beginning we waited 15 minutes for our order to get taken . Then when it finally did we ordered 2 corndogs and 3 cheeseburgers and it totaled to 50 dollars ... that is a wee bit much for that kind of food . When we finally got out food 25 minutes later the corndogs were burnt to a crisp and the fried looked as if they had just been sitting in a bucket of grease and were cold. Now dont get my wrong i have worked in the food industry my whole life but this was awfull!!!! I will NEVER go back and will NOT tell my friends about this place i will warn them to stay away .

1  Thank extremecamper
Reviewed June 26, 2012

For a lover of all things vintage, 50s and 60s, this place was like heaven on earth! It was a trip back in time, no matter the fact that I was only born in the 80s. If you're in the Black Hills and love this era of history, you have to make a stop at Boondocks. It's just outside of Deadwood, so we stopped for lunch and some looking around before going into the city. It's so much more than just a diner, though. There are so many cool things to explore. Looking back, it's easily one of my favorite places of our entire trip.

1  Thank Becca G
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We were staying in Deadwood and decided to take a short drive out of town to grab a burger at the Boondock's Diner 5/22/12. It was not very busy on a weekday in May, and we had awesome personal service at the diner. We ate inside and they have all kinds of 50's memorabilia around their little inside restaurant. Probably in peak season most folks eat out in the drive-in part of the place. Food was great and the fresh cut fries were super! Also checked out the Studebaker museum and gift store while there. There are carnival rides behind the diner and operate during tourist season. This was a super 50's flashback experience.

2  Thank Consumerwise