Mineral Palace Hotel and Gaming
The Hotel by Gold Dust(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
$59
Comfort Inn and Suites(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
$65
$58
ComfortInn
Bullock Hotel(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
$59
The Lodge at Deadwood(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
$89
$73
Hotels.com
Deadwood Gulch Resort(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
$53
SpringHill Suites Deadwood(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
$49
Travelocity
Celebrity Hotel(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
$159
Travelocity
Super 8 Deadwood(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
$60
Martin Mason Hotel(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
$99
All reviewsgem steakhousemain streetvip suitepay tablesbath matvalet parking is freeroom was cleanlarge bathroomsteak dinnerlittle thingsreception deskplace to stayhotel is in a great locationa great staywalking distance to everythinghotel roomin town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 3, 2012

It's been almost one week removed from my trip to Deadwood for the Ski for Light event and from a wonderful and supportive stay at the Mineral Palace. The hotel and gaming staff was wonderful to us, the amenities, topnotch, and the location, can't beat it. Every hotel will offer similar things such as rooms and the normal things in them, restaurants, bars, etc.; so, it's not worth spending too much time on reviewing them only to say that all were made available and all were great.

For the totally blind traveler, I wish to highlight some of those things that truly impressed me about the Mineral Palace and its accommodating staff.

--The staff was not at all put off by all the dog guides in the hotel and there were quite a number of us and our dogs;

--I received a card key that had a hole punched into one corner so I knew which way to put it in the lock;

--Staff members were more than happy to stand by my slot machine to tell me how much I had won or lost;

--Staff members took the time to explain how to play certain games, where things were located in the hotel, how to get from place to place in Deadwood, etc.

--Staff often went above and beyond the normal call of duty like finding me a can opener when I needed one, making sure that a shuttle was available to bring us back from an evening out during a snow storm, making phone calls to other establishments in town to find out information for us.

I've travelled quite a lot and it is refreshing to come across a place that will promote an individual's sense of independence; a quality that is so important to a person who has a disability. A vacation is what I sought and, from all what I received from the Mineral Palace and its staff, I got my wish plus a whole lot more. I wish to commend the ownership and staff of the Mineral Palace in Deadwood for their forward thinking and thank them for an exceptional week. I just hope we can do it all again real soon.

3  Thank rquan33
Reviewed February 3, 2012

The negative review from the Ski-for-Light participant is unfortunate and is certainly not indicative of the day-to-day performance of the Mineral Palace employees or the owner. I have stayed at this Hotel for many years on many different occasions. I know the owner and several of the staff. Deadwood as a whole, and Mineral Palace i particular, prides itself on customer relationships. I know of an employee who was let go during this week who tried the "it's not my job" angle so I know that Mineral Palace does care about their customers. I wholeheartedly recommend this Hotel to anyone wishing to stay in Deadwood.

3  Thank Rick J
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Having read "Never Coming Back" review of the Mineral Palace, I feel inclined to comment on my expierence of staying there that week. The Mineral Palace staff should be commended for their service this week. Ski For Light brings about 90 vissually and physically challenged indiviguals to Deadwood for a week of skiing. The majority of them stay at the Mineral Palace. I know there was at least 6 guide dogs. and about 25-30 wheelchairs staying at the hotel. The staff lowered the beds to make the transfer from chair to bed easier, they try to help in any way they could. I observed so many of them helping anybody in need, taking guide dogs outside helping with trays at breakfast, guide people to and from rooms or elevators. Some would volinteer to help when they were off duty. My weeks experience and observations could not be more different than "Never Coming Back". I'll Be Back

2  Thank johny619
Reviewed February 3, 2012

I have stayed at the Mineral Palace several times and it is always my choice when I go to Deadwood. I have stayed three times at the Mineral for an event called Ski for Light. I am blind and I have never been to a hotel anywhere that is so accomodating! The reception desk folks are always so very helpful as are all of the employees at the Mineral from the excellent housekeeping staff to the Cassino Workers. The Mineral is clean and has everything a person needs for a good time. One of the things I like is the seperation of the hotel rooms from the Cassino while still giving easy access to both. Stay here I highly recommend it for short or longer stays! In addition the Nineral has a fantastic restaurant above the Cassino. Good beds and very clean!

1  Thank klemmon
Reviewed February 3, 2012

I had a wonderful time at the Mineral Palace. The staff was friendly and the beds were comfortable. If you are going to Deadwood, this is your place to stay!

2  Thank Augustus M