“Best of the best at the Mineral Palace”

Mineral Palace Hotel and Gaming
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Deadwood
Reviewed February 3, 2012

I have stayed at the Mineral Palace several times and it is always my choice when I go to Deadwood. I have stayed three times at the Mineral for an event called Ski for Light. I am blind and I have never been to a hotel anywhere that is so accomodating! The reception desk folks are always so very helpful as are all of the employees at the Mineral from the excellent housekeeping staff to the Cassino Workers. The Mineral is clean and has everything a person needs for a good time. One of the things I like is the seperation of the hotel rooms from the Cassino while still giving easy access to both. Stay here I highly recommend it for short or longer stays! In addition the Nineral has a fantastic restaurant above the Cassino. Good beds and very clean!

1  Thank klemmon

Reviewed February 3, 2012

I had a wonderful time at the Mineral Palace. The staff was friendly and the beds were comfortable. If you are going to Deadwood, this is your place to stay!

2  Thank Augustus M
Reviewed February 2, 2012

stayed for a fun filled week, comfortable beds, heavy towels, great steaks, i'll be back

1  Thank green654774
Reviewed February 2, 2012

The mineral palace made our stay in Deadwood for the Ski For Light program perfect in every way. We'll be back again. Thanks!

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Svandam
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I am one of ski for light group that stayed at mineral Palace from Jan 22-26. the food were excellent, the staff at gem Resturant were friendly, and helpful. service in hotel were also excellent. had a help with my baggages to be brought up to my room. the overall service were top notch. the housekeeping brings treat to our room every night.

1  Thank deafvisual
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Friendly staff and very good bartenders. Their drinks were delicious. Beds were very comfortable.

Reviewed December 13, 2011

My husband and I were married in the Mineral Palace over the weekend.

We started planning about 2 months ahead of the wedding and the hotel's group sales rep. was an absolute joy to work with! We reserved hotel rooms, a banquet room with seating for 30 and a buffet with open bar following the ceremony. We were shocked at how low the price was for our event. We had checked on pricing for this at home and in Deadwood and I don't think there are any hotels that can beat the price.

We arrived in Deadwood on Friday evening and at the hotel the valet was right there to help us with our mountain of luggage and to park the car. At check in, the group sales rep had waited for us and greeted us with hugs and congratulations.

From there, it was like the whole staff knew why we were there and we felt like royalty! Every time we walked into the lobby we were greeted with congratulations and well wishes. I can't explain how wonderful it was to be called by our names or bride and groom or the happy couple. The personal attention by the staff was nothing short of amazing.

Sunday was our wedding day. That morning, I went up to peek at our meeting room and it was already setup and decorated just for us. They had setup centerpieces and tables in all the colors I had wanted. Everything was SO elegant and beautiful!

We did run into a slight snag at ceremony time. Our minister was not there 10 minutes before go time (nothing to do with the hotel). Once the hotel restaurant staff realized this with us, I saw no less them 4 of them start making cell phone calls. The bartender actually pulled me aside, sat me down and told me just to relax, that he would take care of me. He started making phone calls as well. While he was, I watched as the restaurant staff quickly started filing in and serving our guests coffee, water and drinks while they waited. In just a few short minutes, the staff had tracked down our minister who was running late and had also found us a backup, just in case. From there, everything went off without a hitch.

The food served in the buffet was delicious! Everything was hot and fresh and very tasty even though we were running 40 minutes behind for it.

The hotel is beautiful. The rooms are large and quiet and clean. The food at the restaurant is superb and the casino is first class, but it's the staff at the Mineral Palace that makes it such a wonderful place.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jennie M
MineralPalace, Manager at Mineral Palace Hotel and Gaming, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment, we were all very excited to be apart of your special day. We appreciate the comments about the valet team, our rooms and your meal in the Gem Steakhouse. Our staff was determined that you and your husband would be married at the Mineral Palace, on your day, without any bumps along the way. We believe that all of our guests are royalty and look forward to having you return to the Mineral Palace.