“Great food”

Ranked #11 of 57 Restaurants in Deadwood
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Gem Steakhouse is located on the second floor of the Mineral Palace Casino. Serving breakfast from 7 am - 11 am, lunch from 11 am - 4 pm and dinner from 4 pm - 10 pm. Take a walk through history and join us for an excellent meal in the exact location of Al Swearengen's Notorious 1877 Gem Theater.
Columbus, Ohio
“Great food”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We ate breakfast here every day and several dinners. They have great stafff, friendly, and excellent food!

Jackson, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Went there based off the reviews on trip advisor. After eating there I would not go back again. My first impression was that it was a decent place, but after getting our food I was not impressed. First off the salad seemed like it was a bag salad with a couple of crackers thrown on top. The ranch dressing I got with my salad was watered down and really runny. Second I ordered the garlic mashed potatoes with my meal, they brought me a baked potato. Third the cooked carrots with my meal were cold. Finally the waiter neglected to fill our water again until right before we were about to leave. The only good thing about the meal was that my steak was decent. Based on my experience I should have went elsewhere to eat.

1 Thank klm20_2000
Oslo, Norway
“Fantastic steaks”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We really loved our dinner. The meat was wonderful - tasty and tender. The prices were very good, and the waitresses very attentive. Would eat here again!

AZ
“Great Meal and Great Service”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We went based on recommendation from the AAA book and were not disappointed in the least. The prices are reasonable and the service was very good. The walleye was fresh and prepared perfectly. The portions are perfect. Would recommend highly.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank AZTraveler1942
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Yummy”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We went to the Gem Steakhouse during the day to ask if we needed to make a reservation and were told it was fine, however upon arrival that night we had to wait a good 30 mins to be seated. It was not an issue for us, we got a drink from the bar and sat on the little balcony overlooking Main Street.

The steak I ordered was excellent, really enjoyed the food. Really nice place to eat.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Tracy166

Been to Gem Steakhouse & Saloon? Share your experiences!