“Very nice - it grows on you”

Deadwood Gulch Resort
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Deadwood
Reviewed July 31, 2011

A place that grows on you the more you stay there. We stayed for 3 nights and I liked it more as time went on. Very nice small casino. Small limit BJ, i.e. $2 - $25 per hand. The rooms were nice with free wireless internet.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maggie068

Reviewed July 17, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here on the first night of our vacation. The room and staff were great. I enjoyed our time in the casino while waiting for the trolley.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed June 12, 2011

We spent three nights at the Deadwood Gulch Gaming Resort June 7th to 9th and the resort was the perfect host for our Black Hills vacation. The staff are simply outstanding and the food and beverage options are first class. Although the rooms are somewhat dated, they were very clean and comfortable for our stay. Thanks to the staff for making our visit memorable!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2011

My husband and I arrived on Stagecoach Tours out of Weyburn, SK, Canada. Had a fabulous time. The staff were friendly and just plain wonderful. It was our anniversary and they put a nice bottle of wine and balloons in our room! How thoughtful is that!! Our driver Scott was awesome as was Kelley our hostess. The old town was awesome to see and even though it rained we still wandered the main street. Will definitely go back again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2011

I enjoy my stays at Deadwood Gulch have been using your bus tour service for about 7 years now and come at least a couple times a year. I usually come with a relative but on this last trip I came by myself. Was very disappointed to hear you can not get meals "To go" if you are using the bus meal vouchers. I don't see way that would make a difference if I was paying with cash or credit I can get orders "to go". I attempted to eat my evening meal in the restaurant that night and I waited 20 minutes for a chicken wrap and fries and it didn't come as I ordered,(no tomatoes) the waiter returned it to the kitchen it come out 5 minutes later cold both wrap and fries. The waiter then said I'll take care of that and took my meal coupon and plate and left, so I went without a meal after waiting a half hour. I still don't know what he meant about taking care of it I didn't have a meal and now my voucher was gone also. I think we should not be forced to eat in the restaurant as those meals vouchers are part of our tour package. Other than that I have a good time at the Gulch.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank JettaMolly
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Just returned from Deadwood and had a wonderful time even with cold and drizzly weather. The staff and the food were excellent. I liked getting the coupon for breakfast and sitting down and being served. Anything extra ordered was very reasonable, my husband added a large slice of ham to his breakfast for $2.99. Their supper menu had a great variety and moderate pricing, but if you show them your players card when you pay, they will deduct 20% from the bill. The wait staff was so friendly and informative about the tourist attractions around the area. The casino is on the small side, but there aren't large casinos in Deadwood. Kim S. from Wisconsin.

Room Tip: Ask for a gulch side room, it sounds great.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jerrykim
Reviewed April 20, 2011

We have been going there one to two times a year on the tour bus with a bunch of our friends and have always had a great time.This time my husband and I drove down for a long weekend.One player there was putting up signs on machines saying she will be back in 15 minutes tying up all the machines that she wanted to play later.I mentioned this to the server and then an employee named Dave? came over and said that she has been there for 2 days and can do that.I told him that we drove 350 miles to come here and he said so, she drove 450 miles.He was VERY rude, we have never been treated like that there or anyplace else before.I guess that we werent spending as much money as she was and I guess they dont want our "little"money that we are spending.I dont know about all of our friends but I do know that we will never go there again.As always all of the servers and employees were great but I guess it only took one to ruin our mini vacation.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 43323Sharon
traveler1294, General Manager at Deadwood Gulch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2011

Thank you for the review. As you know customer service is very important to us and is the reason people keep coming back over and over again to our property. I take customer comments very seriously. I did look into the situation described. We do have a policy in place where the guest can put a "be back in 15min" card on their machine in order to take a smoke break or visit the restroom. There were guests who had placed break cards on their machines at the same time, putting those machines out of use which was frustrating, but I'm sure you can appreciate having the opportunity to take a break without loosing your machine. I realize it is our responsibility to give the best customer service possible to our guests and at times we fall short. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we will do our best to alleviate this problem in the future and make sure situations are handled with tact and professionalism.