“Great place to see”
Review of The Midnight Star - CLOSED

The Midnight Star
More attraction details
Owner description: One of 80 gaming halls in Deadwood, this one is owned by Kevin Costner.
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This is a casino standout in Deadwood, the staff is very friendly and the movie items on display make it well worth the stop. The food is also amazing.

1  Thank AJLIllinois

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We were there in May 2012 and were pleasently suprised as we never knew it even existed. The walls are covered with Costner movie memorabilia and costumes.
A female employee at the blackjack table was very helpful and offered me help and said i could just have a look around and pointed out some hidden photos on the top floor.
There were some great things there like the herbie car, evil Kenevil suit, james bond cars etc... and many more.
I didn't try the food there so can't comment. It just isn't well advertised at all and we only knew it was in town because tourists asked me where it was. There's nothing even on the front to identify it.
Thanks again for your help black jack lady :)

1  Thank Lionsmaine
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We were in Deadwood for 9 days, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. One of the highlights of our trip was the Midnight Star. We loved the food so much we ate there 7 out of the 9 evenings we were there so we could try something different from the menu every time. The bartender (Shane) was a lot of fun. We visited with the manager and he was very nice too. We will have to go back to finish sampling everything on Diamond Lil's menu. I also want to try the Jake's menu. The casino staff were also a lot of fun. My only problem with the place is that I see now there are a few Kevin Costen movies I have missed, so I will have to go out and rent them I guess. The memorabilia on the wall was fun to look at.

1  Thank LindaI7294
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We visited this casino back in 2007 and really enjoyed it, so we stopped by on a recent trip. The slot machines were all decent, but the bar service was horrible. We waited at the bar for more than 10 minutes before anyone decided to get behind the bar to serve drinks. They weren't busy at all, but it just wasn't a priority. Swing in to see Kevin Costner's costumes, but don't stick around if you expect to be able to buy a drink.

1  Thank Melissa H
Reviewed September 5, 2012

On a Monday night we stopped in dinner. The restaurant was not that busy, we were told for our party of 6 (4 adults, 2 children) it would be 10-15 minute wait. We hand a drink at the bar which was fine. After 30 minutes of waiting we were told they were setting up for a bus of people. The table that they were planning to use for us, that group had ordered another round of drinks. All we were offered was to sit at the bar and eat. The bartender had tried smoothing it over with my son of offering him a beverage. Once she knew I was not paying for it, she was speechless. I have never known a restaurant to only have 1 table to accomidate more than 4 people. No one bothered to come and let us know what was going on. My mother in law asked where the restroom was and inquired about our table. She was told where the restroom was and the waitress made the comment "I can't just kick these people out". I have ate there before and service was fine not the best. I wouldn't recomment this to anyone. We had left and ate somewhere else. Our waitress was GREAT and we told her about what had happened. She told us the table next to us had just had the samething happen to them. Two in one night at the same restaurant - I would say they need new staff!!!! The staff is not cut out for customer service. I have several years of experience with the public and that was just uncalled for!!

2  Thank dawns2002