“two meals” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Kenton, Ohio
“two meals”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

Staying in town for more than one day we ended up eating here two evenings. The food was good and not a lot wait time to get it.

Des Moines, Iowa
“Is it everyone's first day?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

We stopped here to grab an inexpensive and quick bite to eat and left completely worn out by the experience. First, expect to pay about $1 more than you would at a typical subway, maybe that's just the price of getting the stuff delivered out to a small town, but we had recently been to a subway in a larger town and the prices were $1 less. The kid between the counter had to ask a patron how much meat went in one sandwich and added "I've never made this one before."
We tried to order the "Flatziaa" but were informed they were out of flat bread, but then said we could get something like a personal pan pizza instead. We said that would be fine, then they said they would have to thaw out the pizza and it would be 20 minutes, so we passed and tried to go with the kids meal. Another kid told us we could not substitute chips (baked Lays) in the kids meal, so we decided to get a 6 inch meal deal instead. Later I overheard the kid tell another patron they could substitute chips in the kids meal. We also had to pay extra for milk instead of soda in the 6 inch meal which I assume is a standard practice, but I am unsure.

Another conversation went like this:
Me: "I would like a turkey salad please."
Kid: "Chopped or not chopped?"
Me: "The chopped turkey salad please."
Kid: "Would you like your meat warmed up?"
Me: "No thank you."
Kid: "What type of bread would you like?"
Me: "I would like the chopped turkey salad please."

The kid who made my salad never asked me what kind of cheese I wanted and skipped on, and I had to ask her to go back and put cheese in it.

We over heard another conversation like this:
Patron: "I would like a 6 inch Italian to go."
Kid: "What kind of bread would you like?"
Patron: Bread choice 1.
Kid: "We are our of [choice 1]"
Patron: "Um... [bread choice 2]"
Kid: "We don't have [choice 2]"
Patron: "What kind of bread do you have?"
Kid: "We only have [Choice 3 and 4 of 6 varieties]."

Next we went to DQ for a blizzard and had to wait at least 15-20 minutes, The floors and tables were dirty, one of the napkin dispensers was empty, and there was a trash can pulled out of one of the trash can boxes which just sat open in the middle of the walkway the whole time I was there. The kids behind the counter sounded disorganized asking each other what they needed to do / make next. I was surprised our blizzards stayed in their cups as they did the upside down trick because it was pretty well liquid by the time I made it to the parking lot.

Hey, at least the wifi worked...

Skip this place and maybe go to a real restaurant or try the local grocery store.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Justin P
De Smet, South Dakota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Refused Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

We were refused service at the drive up window. Ordered the food, and drove to the window. The girl inside didn't like who was inside the car and said she wouldn't give us our food! Really????

1 Thank BH189873
De Smet, South Dakota
“Atrocious!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

Horrible!!! We waited 30 minutes for one blizzard and the next time we went our hamburger wasn't cooked all the way...along with 5 other people.The workers were snotty and basically ignored us for 10 minutes before they took our order..Absolutely terrible!!! Go to Huron or Watertown and skip desmet!!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank foodcrit123
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Did 15 tour buses just come through?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

We think we may have caught this place on a bad day. One problem was that they were seriously understaffed in both sides of the restaurant, so service was very slow. In addition:

* Subway worker: "We don't have avocado."
Us: "But your sign says it's your special."
Subway worker: "We don't sell it."

* The Dairy Queen area and workers looked like they had 15 tour buses just roll through. Their uniforms were dirty, the counters were filled with various items, and they were obviously stressed out.

I'd try this again - just watch out for Sunday afternoons.

1 Thank Ben B