“Great little Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Chamberlain
Sioux Falls, United States
“Great little Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

This hotel is clean, quite and comfortable. It's close to everything downtown. There's a great pool and Hot tub that's in a separate building. It's really nice and also clean. You can walk to the downtown or Mcdonalds from here. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was room and clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Carrot55, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Lee's Motor Inn, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thanks for taking time to write a review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay! Hope you stop and see us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
boyden, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

enjoyable stay - and staff extra helpful! loved the pillows and plenty of them. Pool was clean and hot tub also! delicious hot breakfast and hostess was friendly. Easy to locate and close to downtown. quiet and clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for the review! Our staff takes great pride in making sure are guest have a great experience! Chamberlain downtown is a great place to shop and take in the sites of the Missouri River! Hope to see you again soon!
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

When I checked in the desk clerk told me that the room I'd reserved wasn't available so that I had to pay more. Worried that there might not be any other place to stay nearby, I paid the extra. Never in my many, many, many years of traveling have I had someone jack up the price after I arrived with a guaranteed reservation. Then I went into the room. Not clean. There was a mess in the reclining chair so I didn't use it...the bathroom needed a deep clean and fresh caulking, etc. The smell, however, was definitely from old cigarette smoke. Ick. I am allergic and as I started to go to the front desk to see about a room change, I realized that the parking lot and sidewalk in front of the rooms were available for smokers. Didn't have a mask to fight through the smoke filled air to the office so I returned to the room and tried to sleep with a washcloth covering my face for the night. Not good. I wanted to like this place so, so much, but it wasn't acceptable. I'm also not used to having a room equipped with a fly swatter but it sure came in handy. I think I should have gotten a discount for my pest control efforts. Lol. Tried twice to go into a tiny room for the breakfast but it was so full I couldn't even get in to have a cup of coffee. Two days in a row. Again, I'm just plain disappointed. I'd already recommended it to friends and when they got there they just raised their eyebrows at me like I'd gone mad so I am still apologizing to them.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank TravMuch
Carrot55, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Lee's Motor Inn, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
I am sorry that your stay was unpleasant. We have smoking stations set up around the parking lot to try to keep them away from rooms. I don't know why you were charged more for your room will talk to desk clerks. Yes when everyone comes to breakfast at the same time it is hard to get into breakfast room.

Hope you will give us another try. Thank you.
Des Moines, IA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I was not guaranteed a Handicapped Accessible room, but when I checked in and asked, the front desk told me it was the best that the hotel had - a walker does not fit into the bathroom and the toilet is not handicapped height. Be prepared if you need that kind of access. There was a stale smell to the room, but the beds were comfortable and I just needed a few hours rest.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Carrot55, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Lee's Motor Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Sorry we were not able to accommodate your needs. we are in the process of remodeling a few rooms with wider doors. I know this doesn't help correct the previous stay, but we hope in the future we can meet your needs. Thanks for taking time to write a review. Have a nice day!
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stopped there for the night on our way to the Sturgis Motorcycle rally and were pleasantly surprised how nice it was. It looks a little dated from the outside and we almost took a pass on it, but we were glad we didn't. Very clean, friendly staff and reasonable rates. Would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sportyed
Thank you, yes we are a good stopping point on way to Sturgis. Hope you had a wonderful time in Sturgis.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I arrived in the early evening on 8/24/09. The desk clerk recommending me to a local restauraunt and it was just dandy! On the next morning, the continental breakfast lit my day up and was good to go! It was a delight even though my short stay. What a view of the river! Wonder what the winter season has to bring? Think I will stay clear ;-)

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you, in the winter its very quiet but very pretty when everything covered with snow. If you come our way stop in.
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

We were driving past on I-90 and stopped for dinner in Chamberlain. We searched for hotels nearby and found Lee's Motor Inn. Our family was very happy here. We had a bigger room that had two separate bed rooms with the bathroom in-between. We put the kids in the back room and we took the front room. Each room had its own TV and the sink area was newly remodeled with a stone counter top. The place was quiet and near the river so we took a nice walk enjoying the evening. The breakfast was OK, I've had better and I've had worse.

Room Tip: ask for the bigger room (suite?)