AmericInn Lodge & Suites Chamberlain - Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Chamberlain
Rapid City
“sor weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Everything was great. Rooms were clean and comfortable Staff was very friendly and efficient. Price was affordable Breakfast was good coffee served all day If we asked for something they done it for us immediatley

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Jessica N, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Chamberlain - Conference Center, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for the great review. We always enjoy working with your group and look forward to hosting your group again for next year. Take Care!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Sioux Falls
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

I arrived late and left early the next day, so I didn't have a chance to interact with the staff very much. But my experience with the night person was good. was impressed with the style and quality of the facility. The room was spacious, nicely done, clean. The bathroom was the only downside, as it was small, plain and not as clean as it should have been. It didn't live up to the rest of the room. Overall though, I would recommend a stay here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

I stayed her last weekend. I was putting on a lot of miles to attend a memorial service and was driving a lot of miles in a very short amount of time. I arrived at this hotel during the night, around 2:30 in the morning. The gal was not super speedy with the check in process. She could not find my reward number in the system, even though I told her my email and the name that AmericInn sends the emails to. Gave my phone number and address and yet she still could find it. I finally told her I was wayyy too tired and would deal with it after I got some sleep. At one point she said she found my Dad... quite odd since I am married and my Dad does not have my last name so not quite sure if she assumed I was younger than I was or was not married or what. I emailed Americinn that night to get the number and supplied it to the front desk when I woke up. The room was clean, quiet and the temp was great for the few hours I was there. I had plans to swim and use the hot tub but was pretty bummed as the hot tub was too hot to even sit in. I am always cold and a pool has to be somewhat warm for me to swim but hot tubs... never had one I could not get into due to it being too hot. My feet and legs were bright red for over an hour afterwards. I mentioned it to the front desk but never heard if there was a problem and was not offered an apology of any sort. We head west fairly often but I think I will skip this hotel next time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

We stopped here on out way to Mount Rushmore and it was fantastic. The pool was great. We brought our dog but forgot to book a dog friendly room so we left out dog in the car. We booked our room as five people except apparently you have to book a cot. The hotel was very busy that weekend but it was not that bad. The breakfast in the morning was fantastic. We would definitely stop here again if we were in South Dakota but we would be sure to book the right room.

Room Tip: Be sure to book a cot if you need one
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

After a long day's drive across SD, our night at this hotel was a nice break. If you don't mind the stuffed taxidermy on the walls, you'll be quite happy here. We enjoyed the hot tub and pool and the room was clean, modern and comfortable. I would definitely stay here again if passing through.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

The hotel had a nice décor, hunting lodge motif. Clean and comfortable rooms and beds. The hotel was located right off I-90 about 3 miles from Chamberlain. Has a nice pool area and good breakfast buffet. Some hot items; omelets, sausages … Waffle maker, cereal, breads…. Small lounge connected to hotel for a drink or beer at end of the day. Dairy Queen across from Hotel was the only restaurant within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jessica N, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Chamberlain - Conference Center, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. Our team is happy to hear you found your stay to be clean and comfortable. We appreciate the positive reveiw and hope to see you again. Take Care!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

Our stay was nice. The lobby is lodge like, with wood log decor and taxidermy. The breakfast was the best free breakfast I have had at a hotel in a long time. We had biscuits and gravy, which tasted really fresh. Definitely a very hunter friendly hotel. The only down side was bed comfort. They weren't too bad, but I did wake up with a little back pain in the morning. Overall I really enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chamberlain
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Oacoma
Cedar Shore Resort
Cedar Shore Resort
#4 of 6 in Oacoma
Days Inn Chamberlain/Oacoma

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Chamberlain - Conference Center? Share your experiences!