“Beautiful lodge-like, good free breakfast, $10 for crib, no elevator”

and 1 more site!
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Chamberlain - Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Chamberlain
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This hotel was a nice surprise. It had a beautiful lobby and great staff. The room was nice and clean and large. They did charge us for a crib - $10 - but it was nice and clean and came with sheet/blanket so it wasn't a big deal. They also helped carry our luggage upstairs. There isn't an elevator so if you can't do stairs, ask for the 1st floor.
This is the only hotel I've seen with a free breakfast area that actually has highchairs. Kudos. The breakfast was also excellent - and not crowded. And they had trays if you wanted to take it to your room to eat.
The area doesn't have much, but if you're just stopping for a night while you drive you'll love this place. Even without an elevator and charging for the crib it is still a 5 star rating in my book.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Jessica N, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Chamberlain - Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay along with breakfast. Thank you for the post and we hope to see you again on your next trip through the area. Have a great day!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is a good, I mean, really good place to stay one night in the middle of your road trip.
The swimming pool can entertain your kids after long hours road trip and can make your kids (especially boys) exhausted for a fast sleep.

Room was clean and neatly made up. Beds are a bit old but still in good conditions.

The breakfast was decent. I like the eggs and fresh milk. Nothing fascinating but was a good breakfast for another road trip.

I haven't been to other hotels around Chamberlain, however, this is a fail-safe place for a night.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

This hotel is the perfect stay on your way to The Black Hills. It's easy access right off the freeway. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and very quiet. We were on the ground floor and couldn't hear anything above us. The price is great, wonderful value!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank goodlife72
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This hotel is SO beautiful! I love everything about it! The lobby is beautiful! Nicely decorated and very homey. The room is clean and the bed is nice and comfy! Breakfast is superb! I can't believe I can have biscuit and gravy for breakfast! They also provided hard boiled eggs, yogurt, milk, cereal, waffle iron, and much more! Staff are friendly and helpful! I will definitely recommend this to everyone! The only hiccup is there is no elevator, but the staff is so sweet, they'll help you carry your luggage!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lucy_Pottinger
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We are two adults and two children. We had asked for two adjoining rooms. We were told they would try, but could not guarantee anything (fair enough). When we checked-in, we were told that we had adjoining rooms initially, but someone who had checked in earlier had asked for a switch and they gave our adjoining room to that person (high marks for honesty upon check-in, but low marks for giving us too much information).

When we walked into the room that got switched, it became obvious why someone had asked to be switched - it smelled terribly - like rotten food. Also, every 3-4 minutes, the toilet runs for about 15 seconds - very annoying. I tried to call down, but could not get a dial-tone on either phone in the room so I had to go to our other room to call. They sent someone up to look at it and he said that these type of toilets are made to do that as a kind of anti-clogging feature. I questioned him on that because I had never heard of anything so stupid. Later, I went down to our other room and the same toilet type is there and does not run. So, I give the guy very low marks for honesty and very low marks for making up a good excuse for why he doesn't want to deal with a problem. I had to turn the water off to the toilet at night in order not to be disturbed all night.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Cole R

Thank you for the review and bringing this to my attention. Certainly was a training opportunity for our team. Your stay has been addressed with the staff. We would happy to make it right with you on your next trip through Chamberlain. Thanks again for your time with the review.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

This was our last stop on a week trip to South Dakota. The suite was outstanding. The master bedroom had a fire place, not something we used in June, but it added ambiance to the room.

The pool was a step above your regular hotel pool. Our kids really enjoyed the large animal (raccoon) sprinkler and the 'dump buckets.' Two buckets are suspended above the pool and when they are filled by hoses, dump water onto swimmers below. The kids just loved it! The normal hot tub and sauna completed the pool area experience.

The normal Americinn breakfast was just what we expected.

Well worth the stay!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Four of us -- two adults, two kids -- spent an unexpected night at the AmericInn in Chamberlain on our way to the Black Hills. We made better time than expected, so I booked this hotel based on recommendations on this site.

This was my first experience with the AmericInn chain, and I will admit to being a little skeptical -- but without reason. The hotel is located directly off the highway, literally, which also had me wary, but even though our room was on the highway side of the hotel I heard absolutely no traffic noise during our stay. The hotel has a large parking lot in front, and an even larger gravel lot in back, which was great for us, as we were hauling a trailer. Check-in was fine and our room was very nice -- large, with newish amenities.

We visited the lounge after a long day of driving, and it was very enjoyable. Not busy, but pleasant conversation with the bartender.

The pool was nice but very crowded when we visited. There was a VERY large extended family in there at the time, but that was not fault of the hotel. The area was clean and well kept.

Breakfast was included, and featured both cold and hot food. The breakfast area was small and not super clean when we got there. Still, compared to most other breakfast-included places in which I've stayed in the States, it was cleaner than most. I have to give a shout out, too, for their biscuits and sausage gravy, which were EXCELLENT. The biscuits were obviously fresh baked and super-nice surprise.

I'd give this hotel a solid "recommend," particularly considering the location, price, and competition.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chamberlain
Best Western Lee's Motor Inn
Baymont Inn & Suites Oacoma
Cedar Shore Resort
Cedar Shore Resort
#4 of 6 in Oacoma

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Chamberlain - Conference Center? Share your experiences!