AmericInn Lodge & Suites Chamberlain - Conference Center
$50
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Bel Aire Motel(Chamberlain)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshot tubbiscuits and gravypool areano elevatorlog cabinroom was cleanstaff was very friendlynice hotelkids loved the poolexercise roomwafflesgreat place to stayeasy accesswould stay againhot breakfasthot itemsomelet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were snowbound at this Hotel for 5 days. The staff did an outstanding job taking care of stranded guests including but not limited to helping shovel cars out, cooking eventing meals (all restaurants were closed) help pack up to leave. They turned a disaster into a pleasant week...best in all our travels!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Karen S
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We got the room we had requested and had a good night's rest. Breakfast was delicious. The coffee was super. The room was very quiet. There isn't much around, but more stores bring more traffic and more noise.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the vending machines are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank cutiepie364
Reviewed April 30, 2013

If you're in need of a room on I-90 in the central part of the state, I would recommend stopping here for your night's stay. Hotel is a bit isolated from food/shopping, but what isn't in central SD? Hotel has its own bar and rooms are in great shape.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ray S
Jessica N, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Chamberlain - Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thank you for sharing! You taking the time to post makes such a difference for our staff and property. We very much appreciate it and I'll make sure the staff is aware of your kind comments as well. We'ld love to meet you should you ever be stopping through Chamberlain again. Thank YOU!

Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

This place is awful. After staying night after night in hotels I thought that this one seemed homey. Yet to my dismay, it is far from that.

To start, the staff is always in your business. They don't know the meaning of personal space and will abuse it whenever they please. I had went to the bar inside the inn (it really isn't a bar, it's more like a bedroom with tables and a bar top). The bartender was so rude. He made the most rudest, deragatpry comments and had no shame. The gentlemen next to me even said "oh man, looks like you won't be getting tipped." I feel like the manager really needs to train her staff properly, it's a really simple task. The entire time I was at the bar the bartender felt like it was ok to join my conversation with my sister, no it's not GO AWAY. Another staff member saw what was going on and apologized, but the bartender should have apologized. Every time we would go in the hall ways we would be stopped by a staff member for awkward small talk, LEAVE US ALONE.

Half ths Inn is renovated and the lther half isnt. We got stuck in the older room. The room was a fair size. The beds were big, however they are pretty hard and the blankets are thin. The bathroom is not well equipped. For three people we got small bottles of shampoo and conditioner and the DO NOt offer lotion, get with the competition! The room itself is a bit dark and dull. The lighting is very yellow. The heater in our room did not work. It was saying it blew 79 but it felt like a fan that was blowing at 70. The manager even came in to feel it out and said she would put a work order in for it; she failed to do so. The heater in the breakfast room actually blew heat!! The carpet does seem a little dirty so I advise you to keep your socks on!!

The breakfast seems like its reused food. The cereal is stale and the muffin is a bit stale. The bagels are fine once you put it in the toaster.

The pool is cold and the jacuzzi is too hot.

We were forced to stop here because we were caught in a blizzard and the next day the roads were still closed. So another couple and my group were forced to purchase another night and around 330pm the roads opened up. So the other couple came to our room and informed us and he was on his way to check out. As soon as we hear this we quickly started packing. The husband came back to our room and showed us the refund he got (FULL REFUND) and they were on their way. This took place at 3:45 pm. We gathered our things and were at the counter by 4:25 pm and asked if we can also get a refund like the other couple. The manager, Jessica (she has a mole on her face), came up to us and immediately began talking to us in a demeaning and condescending tone and told us no. How is it fair for the other couple to get a full refund and us to not get the same refund and it was within 45 minutes of each other. I mean come on!! She gave us a $25 refund but this was after she cut off our conversation and walked away and we stayed there waiting for her to come back to finish the conversation. We had to keep pushing for it. It's completely not fair for someone to get a complete refund and us to only get a measly $25. That's ridiculous.

To top it off she had the nerve to say that she helped shovel our cars out of the snow, she did not!! We borrowed there shovel and dug ourselves out. We don't mind doing that but don't sit here and say that you/your inn did that for us when you clearly didn't. Lie much?

If I were you I would drive to the next hotel, even if its 10/15 minutes away because this is over priced for the quality. You can find a hotel for $50/$55 further down as opposed to $70/100. Save your money.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Rahat07
Jessica N, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Chamberlain - Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post, again. This guest, as mentioned prior, has posted multiple times on here for their stay. We truly do value the opinions of our guest and apologize that we did not meet their expectations. However we again need to address briefly of few of the concerns that were mentioned (since the prior post has been deleted & now reposted):

1.) We do have a lounge and most our guests are very happy that we do. Please review the pictures online. I believe you see it is very neatly done and not the bedroom with tables and a bar top that has been described. Our staff is trained to try their very best to meet & exceed the expectations of each of our guests. We have spoken with the staffer you have mentioned and apologize if he did offend you in any way. He truly had no idea but we wanted to be sure to share your concern.

2.) The entire hotel is now renovated from first floor to second floor. Yes, a call was placed to the front desk to check on the heater unit. We did look at the unit but found that it was working properly therefore a work order was not necessary. I again apologize if we could not get the room any warmer than the 79 degree range you were in.

3.) The pool is heated and the hot tub is monitored for temp.

4.) We extended check out on this day but not until almost 5:00 in the evening. Generally it is at 11:00 am. We unfortunately cannot control Mother Nature or when the roads open. We certainly didn't want you to think anyone was treating you in an unfriendly manner because we did not grant a refund so late in the day. Both myself and the front desk agent prior tried our very best to work with you each time. I understand you are disappointed you did not receive the full refund you were demanding but that does not mean the staff was demeaning or rude.

5.) Correct, I myself was not in the parking lot assisting with snow removal but our gentlemen at the desk sure were. These guys worked hard shoveling out cars, carrying luggage, and salting the property. All this in an effort so travelers, such as your group, could get back on the roads as soon as possible.

As briefly as possible, I believe we have each concern addressed. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We apologize if you believe we fell short of that. Thank you to the travelers that took the time to read the response of the hotel for this post.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

My husband and I were traveling home from a mini vacation and unfortunately became stranded in the blizzard last week in South Dakota. We were thankful for the accommodations and service we received from this hotel and staff.
Our room was nice and clean. The staff was friendly.The hotel does not have a restaurant; however, they went above and beyond to try to put some meals together with food they had on hand. Most of the local restaurants and stores were closed due to the weather.
They extended their checkout time to 1pm to allow more time for the roads to get cleared and even helped shovel out our car:)
Being stranded isn't a fun situation for anyone, but I was very pleased with this hotel and everything they did during our short stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Megan A

Thank you so very much for your kind words. Our staff truly appreciates hearing such a positive review and knowing when their efforts are recognized by the guests. I would love to have the opportunity to thank you in person on your next trip through Chamberlain should you return. Hopefully with better weather next time.