AmericInn Lodge & Suites Chamberlain - Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Chamberlain
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The hotel looked nice on the outside, but beware the parking lot has alot of ice. Room looked clean, but the blanket was real thin and not real warm & comfortable. Towels were a little thin, toilet ran, vent fan did not work in the bathroom.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jayco4
jjolarson, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Chamberlain - Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay with AmericInn! I sure appreciate you taking the time to fill out a response. I most certainly understand this time of year mother nature can make those parking lots slick. While we try our best to salt and make sure all remains clear it is a constant job for us to make sure we are doing all we can during any storms and etc. Mother nature here the the midwest can provide its challenges but we appreciate your patience during snow and ice removal.

We also checked out that toilet you mentioned for any needed adjustments and the fan is fine. Those fans can be confusing as they are silent to ensure it not be a distraction to any other guests in the room. AmericInn prides themselves on our sound gaurd and this is how they have those fans designed.

I was sorry to hear your comments on the bedding package. All bedding is brand new and photos are on hear for viewers to review. Most have really enjoyed the new package but I certainly will take note of your comments for when selecting a bedding style down the road.

Again, thank you for taking the time to comment. We hope to see you again on your next trip through Chamberlain!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

This was a great choice because it had two beds and a sleeper sofa so both kids had a place to be. The pool was a nice size and we enjoyed the pool table. Great service with nice clean rooms and a vent fan in the bathroom.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Great to hear you and your kids enjoyed your stay! Those family rooms really are nice and the pool area is a great place to stretch out while relaxing. Thank you so very much for your kind words and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

The staff was very helpful and friendly. Our stay was very pleasant, from check-in to check-out. The hotel and the rooms are very clean and the beds were quite comfortable. We will surely use this hotel again when returning to Chamberlain.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

I will be sure to share your review with our team. They really appreciate it when guests recognize their efforts with the clean rooms and the friendly customer service they strive to provide. Very happy that we will be seeing you again. Hopefully I will have the opportunity to meet you and thank you in person during your next trip through.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I'm from a big city with hundreds of hotel options.. A family emergency brought us all together in the huge (insert sarcasm here) city of Chamberlain. We stayed in a renovated room which was clean. I appreciated the mini fridge to hold my Taco Johns (I love that place!). I manage a hotel myself so I notice things that others normally wouldn't. They were doing some construction on other rooms and left the rooms unlocked and propped open overnight with all of the tools in there and no workers around. Anyone could have went in there and taken something.

I had told the front desk that we only had 2 people in our room instead of the planned 3 because my brother stayed with someone else. The front desk clerk refused to remove my brother from our room unless he registered in another room. Almost as if they didn't believe me?! I was there for a funeral.. Not to make up lies to save me $10... The service lacked and they were rarely present. The facility itself is nice though.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2012

its a nice hotel but the cleanliness is not good the bathtub was dirty with soap scum and some of the items in room where dusty but other than that its a quiet place to stay and the employees are friendly and the breakfast was hot and great the swimming pool was cold and had to much chlorine in it you couldnt stand to play 1 game of pool in there without burning your eyes

Room Tip: the rooms on the 2nd floor are alot nicer
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
jjolarson, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Chamberlain - Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time for your review. I am happy to hear for the most part you enjoyed your stay but also have noted your couple comments of concern. You are certainly correct, the second floor rooms are nicer as we just recently remodeled the entire second floor this year and are currently in the process of doing the very same things on the first floor. New paint, carpet, case goods, and etc are being placed in those rooms as we speak for our guests to enjoy. I will follow up with housekeeping on that tub comment but also appreciate you taking the time to complement the staff on their service. They are always happy to hear when our guests share about their experiences. We will be sure to share your comments with them during the next staff meeting.

Happy Holidays,
Jessica Neilan

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed at this Lodge for 6 days and nights.Check in was not allowed until 30min prior to advertised check in time. Most hotels that I stay at have rooms available starting at 12:00 Noon. During my stay no bed linens were changed on any of the beds, the room was not vacuumed and the Internet access within the room was unavailable. Internet access in the lobby worked. The suite contained a microwave and small refrigerator, no eating or cooking utensils were provided. However, with no stove or cook top the advertising of a suite with studio type kitchen is very misleading and useless. Guest dryer broke on the second day and had not been not repaired before my departure. Breakfast was satisfactory and served on time. Lounge bartender manners varied depending on the mood at the time. AmericInn staff was courteous but lack proper supervision and training. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
jjolarson, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Chamberlain - Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

I want to begin by thanking you, again, for taking the time to share your experience about about property. No matter how complicated life gets, we stand by the Golden Rule of treating people as we’d like to be treated. But we also know mistakes happen at times. As I emailed prior, we are disappointed we didn't meet your expections. Please allow me a chance to touch on a few things you mentioned:

You are correct, the dryer in guest laundry did break down. It is one of those things where it couldn't be repaired that day and new one needed to be installed. To get here for installation the new one did take 5-7 business days and the dryer has since been replaced. I wish we could of gotten that done while you were here however and I'm sorry that we could not do that.

You also expressed concern with the room and housekeeping. While I see here that bedding linen was changed out once and towels daily... clearly you expected more. I apologize and will be sure to share your concern with the housekeeping team as we do not want anyone disappointed with their service. The extended stay room is stocked with the necessities such as: pot/pan, plates, eating utensils but any other extras are generally brought in. Generally most find that to be enough but we will look into expanding what is there.

While the internet appears to be working I will keep a closer eye on things to make sure there isn't a problem. This is a complimentary service that we most certainly want to make sure is available for our guests. It's an important reason why most our business travelers stay with us and continue to come back.

In the end, I apologize as it seems we fell short of your expectations. Again, we stand by the Golden Rule of treating people as we’d like to be treated. If you change your mind and ever wish to stay with us on your next time though...I and our staff would love to make your next stay with us a positive one.

Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was very clean and rooms were nice. Staff was friendly, but made quite a mistake when checking me in. They gave me my room key and as I went to use it, it would not work. I went back to the desk to get it activated and as I went to open my door someone walked out! They double booked the room! Thank goodness someone walked out that was friendly and understanding. Was given another room, but I made the staff double check it's vacancy for me; one of the staff members physically checked it for me. Average breakfast options and only one place to grab something to eat in the evening...DQ.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thanks so much for sharing your comments with us! I am glad you enjoyed the service of the staff and the hotel in general. They certainly need to be careful so they don't make an error like that during the check in process (as we will review) but I'm glad they were able to make things right for you. Hope to see you again!

Thanks again,

Jessica Neilan - GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chamberlain
Best Western Lee'S Motor Inn
Super 8 Chamberlain SD
Super 8 Chamberlain SD
#4 of 6 in Chamberlain
Baymont Inn & Suites Oacoma

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Chamberlain - Conference Center? Share your experiences!