AmericInn Lodge & Suites Chamberlain - Conference Center
Agoda.com
$102
$91
Very Good 4/5
A Bridge View Inn(Chamberlain)
Bel Aire Motel(Chamberlain)
Econo Lodge(Oacoma)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshot tubbiscuits and gravypool areano elevatorlog cabinroom was cleanstaff was very friendlynice hotelkids loved the poolexercise roomwafflesgreat place to stayeasy accesswould stay againhot breakfasthot itemsomelet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 4, 2012

its a nice hotel but the cleanliness is not good the bathtub was dirty with soap scum and some of the items in room where dusty but other than that its a quiet place to stay and the employees are friendly and the breakfast was hot and great the swimming pool was cold and had to much chlorine in it you couldnt stand to play 1 game of pool in there without burning your eyes

Room Tip: the rooms on the 2nd floor are alot nicer
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
jjolarson, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Chamberlain - Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time for your review. I am happy to hear for the most part you enjoyed your stay but also have noted your couple comments of concern. You are certainly correct, the second floor rooms are nicer as we just recently remodeled the entire second floor this year and are currently in the process of doing the very same things on the first floor. New paint, carpet, case goods, and etc are being placed in those rooms as we speak for our guests to enjoy. I will follow up with housekeeping on that tub comment but also appreciate you taking the time to complement the staff on their service. They are always happy to hear when our guests share about their experiences. We will be sure to share your comments with them during the next staff meeting.

Happy Holidays,
Jessica Neilan

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed at this Lodge for 6 days and nights.Check in was not allowed until 30min prior to advertised check in time. Most hotels that I stay at have rooms available starting at 12:00 Noon. During my stay no bed linens were changed on any of the beds, the room was not vacuumed and the Internet access within the room was unavailable. Internet access in the lobby worked. The suite contained a microwave and small refrigerator, no eating or cooking utensils were provided. However, with no stove or cook top the advertising of a suite with studio type kitchen is very misleading and useless. Guest dryer broke on the second day and had not been not repaired before my departure. Breakfast was satisfactory and served on time. Lounge bartender manners varied depending on the mood at the time. AmericInn staff was courteous but lack proper supervision and training. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
jjolarson, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Chamberlain - Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

I want to begin by thanking you, again, for taking the time to share your experience about about property. No matter how complicated life gets, we stand by the Golden Rule of treating people as we’d like to be treated. But we also know mistakes happen at times. As I emailed prior, we are disappointed we didn't meet your expections. Please allow me a chance to touch on a few things you mentioned:

You are correct, the dryer in guest laundry did break down. It is one of those things where it couldn't be repaired that day and new one needed to be installed. To get here for installation the new one did take 5-7 business days and the dryer has since been replaced. I wish we could of gotten that done while you were here however and I'm sorry that we could not do that.

You also expressed concern with the room and housekeeping. While I see here that bedding linen was changed out once and towels daily... clearly you expected more. I apologize and will be sure to share your concern with the housekeeping team as we do not want anyone disappointed with their service. The extended stay room is stocked with the necessities such as: pot/pan, plates, eating utensils but any other extras are generally brought in. Generally most find that to be enough but we will look into expanding what is there.

While the internet appears to be working I will keep a closer eye on things to make sure there isn't a problem. This is a complimentary service that we most certainly want to make sure is available for our guests. It's an important reason why most our business travelers stay with us and continue to come back.

In the end, I apologize as it seems we fell short of your expectations. Again, we stand by the Golden Rule of treating people as we’d like to be treated. If you change your mind and ever wish to stay with us on your next time though...I and our staff would love to make your next stay with us a positive one.

Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was very clean and rooms were nice. Staff was friendly, but made quite a mistake when checking me in. They gave me my room key and as I went to use it, it would not work. I went back to the desk to get it activated and as I went to open my door someone walked out! They double booked the room! Thank goodness someone walked out that was friendly and understanding. Was given another room, but I made the staff double check it's vacancy for me; one of the staff members physically checked it for me. Average breakfast options and only one place to grab something to eat in the evening...DQ.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thanks so much for sharing your comments with us! I am glad you enjoyed the service of the staff and the hotel in general. They certainly need to be careful so they don't make an error like that during the check in process (as we will review) but I'm glad they were able to make things right for you. Hope to see you again!

Thanks again,

Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

We were on our way to Mount Rushmore and needed a place to stay and came across this place seeing it in coupon book. Check in was fast and easy. Rooms were spacious with all mod cons. Breakfast next morning was brilliant. Great place to stay if you passing by and want to stay out of the bigger towns and want to experience so real American hospitality(Thanks Rudy hope I spelled your name correct). Thanks

• Stayed: October 2012

Wow! Thank you for the kind words! Rudy will love to hear about your positive experience as well as the rest of our team. The complimentary breakfast really is a nice perk with the eggs, sausage, waffles and much more they serve. Again, thank you for your recognition of our staff's "AmericInn" hospitality. They so appreciate it when people take time to touch on the positive experiences too.

Happy Travels,

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Arriving at dusk to see sparkling lights on the exterior of a log cabin. What a great invite to the center of South Dakota no matter which way you travel. Our group of 4 couples enjoyed our stay in clean comfortable rooms. The person at the desk had several suggestions of restaurants to drive to.

Room Tip: no elevator, so request 1st floor. If you are traveling to So Dak get ready to walk. Practice those stairs!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

That really is such a pretty site to come off of I-90 to see in the evenings. I really love it when we hit the first frost of the year and all the trees are snow white with the lodge look surrounding the lot. Fun pictures! Very happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future.

Thanks for your comments,