“Yuck”

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Brookings
SIOUX FALLS
“Yuck”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Our room smelled horribly of chlorine and the walls have apparent moisture and mold damage. Bedding was very old looking as well as everything else in the room. Hotel is in need of a major facelift. I would not stay again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

muston19016, General Manager at Days Inn Brookings, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Brookings Days Inn. I do apologize that you were not happy with your stay. We do our best to make sure each and every guest has the best stay under the sun. We are in the process of many major upgrades and repairs to our hotel. We are in the process now of redoing our pool area, I do hope you would give us another chance and try out our newly remodeled pool area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Saint Joseph, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Must husband is a construction worker staying in town for four months. After staying across the street, I sent him over to the days inn to be in a cleaner and more up to date hotel. My kids and I like to come stay with him from time to time and we enjoy the morning breakfast and fun slides in the pool area. Another nice thing is that they just UPDATED their rooms and hallways. Looks nice! Front desk staff is helpful and friendly. We will continue to come weekly. Hope they update the pool area soon ;)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
muston19016, Manager at Days Inn Brookings, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay the Brookings Days Inn. Thank you for the kind compliments you gave us about your stay, it is always a pleasure to hear our guests are happy and will return.Thank you for sharing your comments with other travelers about your stay.
ST PAUL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

The hotel seemed decently clean, as it was very empty (few guests). I was placed in a room as far away from the entrance as possible and the side door that I was supposed to use looked like an employee entrance rather than a guest entrance - it opened to a stairwell. All entrances at this hotel are not locked and anyone can enter them. This was bothersome since I was traveling alone for business and I am a young female. Housekeeping knocked on my door twice in the morning, once at 9 AM and the second time at 9:30 AM to clean the room. Since I was only staying for one night this was VERY annoying. I travel and work various overnight shifts, so this disrupted the very minimal sleep I actually got. Since I was one of the few people staying there, I did not know why they couldn't have waited to clean the room until after the 11 AM check out time. The entire hotel smelled like cigarette smoke as well. I had to reserve the room by phone as the internet reservations wouldn't work, and I ended up receiving a tiny 1 queen bed room when I had asked for a standard double queen room. I didn't press the issue because I arrived late and had to work late night shifts right away when I got there. The TV also had many channels that did not work, they came in full of static. I probably wouldn't stay here again as three nicer hotels are just across the street.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Brookings Days Inn,
I do apologize that you were not happy with your stay.
Housekeeping does start at 9 am, so I do apologize for any inconvience you had during your stay.
I do hope you will give us another opportunity to make your stay more pleasureable.

Travelers are raving about these Brookings hotels

MORGAN HILL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Everything was fine until I asked for a wake - call for the morning of my departure. the gentleman at the counter took down the right time but put the wrong date on the sheet therefore missing my wake - up call.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

muston19016, General Manager at Days Inn Brookings, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for chosing the Brookings Days Inn.

I do apologize that your wake up call was not taken care of properly.

I will see what I can do about making sure that does not happen again to you or any other guest.

I do hope you will stay with us again when you are in the area.
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed 1 night on road trip back from Palm Springs and found hotel right off the interstate ,was clean, modern and very reasonable ,pleasant staff ,also has a Ground Round Resturant on site very convienient .....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends