“One word--Dirty”
Review of Days Inn Brookings

Days Inn Brookings
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Brookings

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
YANKTON
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Accomodating employees and staff. The price was good and the convention services were very effecive for the meetings scheduled. Good food was associated with the convention.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

muston19016, General Manager at Days Inn Brookings, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
thank you for the kind compliments about your stay and our hotel. As the manager it is always a pleasure to hear out guests were satisfied with their stay and our customer service.
I will be sure to pass these compliments along to my staff as well.

thank you for chosing the Brookings Days Inn, and we hope to see you again.
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Usually when staying in a "2 star" hotel you would expect 2 star ammenities and service. I arrived later in the evening coming off from a long road trip. The young man at the front desk provided exceptional service! I was surprised by how spacious and clean my room was..the pool was more then expected with waterslides, mini arcade and a hottub (which needs a little work on the interior). A restaurant attached to the hotel was also unexpected, To top it off the continental breakfast was more then great! Thank you days inn for providing such great ammenities!

• Stayed September 2012
muston19016, General Manager at Days Inn Brookings, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for your compliments on our hotel. It is always such a pleasure to hear from our satisfied guests. I will be sure to pass along the compliments to all our staff. We are in the process of remodeling our pool area. We actually have the contractors coming to redo our hot tub and pool area with in the next few months. Again thank you for sharing your compliments with other travelers and also we do hope you will chose to stay with us in the future.
Mitchell, South Dakota
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We took a chance and stayed at this hotel a few days ago despite the negative reviews we read online. The rooms were nice and clean with very comfortable beds and the staff very friendly. Even though it is an older hotel with some rust, the decor is very modern with new carpets. There is even a restaurant within the hotel. We also took advantage of the pool and mini golf outside. The price was less than any of the others in the area and we had a great breakfast including hot waffles and fresh fruit before we left. We will definitely stay at the Days Inn in Brookings again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments. It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests were satisfied with their stay. I will be sure to pass along the compliments to all our staff. I hope you will chose to stay with us again if you are in the area.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed September 24, 2012

What can i say---rusty fixtures, curtain rod almost out of the wall, nice plastic plant in bathroom complete with dust (must be a feature), blanket that looks like it has cig burns, slow internet, doors slamming all night, exterior doors are unlocked so crappy security,

Now lets talk about the Ground Round--just not good--is that real hamburger? I think my heart stopped from the salt on the fries--if you like football then this is the place for you---the tvs are so out of sync you can watch the same play several times on the different tvs--about a 7 second delay--oh yea the sound only matches the tv at the bar.

Do you self a favor and find some place else--I would go to Sioux Falls if all the other hotels were booked rather than stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
muston19016, Manager at Days Inn Brookings, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
I apologize that you were not happy with your stay. We do our best to make all our guests happy and make sure they have an enjoyable stay. We are an aging hotel and we are continually making upgrades to ensure the safety and comfort of our guests.

Again I apologize that you were not happy with your stay or your experience at the Ground Round.

Travelers are raving about these Brookings hotels

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I have been a returning customer for years now and I always enjoy staying at the hotel. It is very clean, staff is very pleasant and accommodating to its customers. I will stay here again the next time I visit South Dakota.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
muston19016, General Manager at Days Inn Brookings, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for your comments. Its always a pleasure to hear our guests had a nice stay. We at the Brookings Days Inn do our best to make sure all our guests have "the best stay under the sun."

I will be sure to pass the comments to all my staff. Again thank you and we hope you'll chose to stay with us again.