“Surprised!”

Days Inn Brookings
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Brookings
“Surprised!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Usually when staying in a "2 star" hotel you would expect 2 star ammenities and service. I arrived later in the evening coming off from a long road trip. The young man at the front desk provided exceptional service! I was surprised by how spacious and clean my room was..the pool was more then expected with waterslides, mini arcade and a hottub (which needs a little work on the interior). A restaurant attached to the hotel was also unexpected, To top it off the continental breakfast was more then great! Thank you days inn for providing such great ammenities!

• Stayed September 2012
muston19016, General Manager at Days Inn Brookings, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for your compliments on our hotel. It is always such a pleasure to hear from our satisfied guests. I will be sure to pass along the compliments to all our staff. We are in the process of remodeling our pool area. We actually have the contractors coming to redo our hot tub and pool area with in the next few months. Again thank you for sharing your compliments with other travelers and also we do hope you will chose to stay with us in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Mitchell, South Dakota
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We took a chance and stayed at this hotel a few days ago despite the negative reviews we read online. The rooms were nice and clean with very comfortable beds and the staff very friendly. Even though it is an older hotel with some rust, the decor is very modern with new carpets. There is even a restaurant within the hotel. We also took advantage of the pool and mini golf outside. The price was less than any of the others in the area and we had a great breakfast including hot waffles and fresh fruit before we left. We will definitely stay at the Days Inn in Brookings again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments. It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests were satisfied with their stay. I will be sure to pass along the compliments to all our staff. I hope you will chose to stay with us again if you are in the area.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed September 24, 2012

What can i say---rusty fixtures, curtain rod almost out of the wall, nice plastic plant in bathroom complete with dust (must be a feature), blanket that looks like it has cig burns, slow internet, doors slamming all night, exterior doors are unlocked so crappy security,

Now lets talk about the Ground Round--just not good--is that real hamburger? I think my heart stopped from the salt on the fries--if you like football then this is the place for you---the tvs are so out of sync you can watch the same play several times on the different tvs--about a 7 second delay--oh yea the sound only matches the tv at the bar.

Do you self a favor and find some place else--I would go to Sioux Falls if all the other hotels were booked rather than stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
muston19016, Manager at Days Inn Brookings, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
I apologize that you were not happy with your stay. We do our best to make all our guests happy and make sure they have an enjoyable stay. We are an aging hotel and we are continually making upgrades to ensure the safety and comfort of our guests.

Again I apologize that you were not happy with your stay or your experience at the Ground Round.

Travelers are raving about these Brookings hotels

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I have been a returning customer for years now and I always enjoy staying at the hotel. It is very clean, staff is very pleasant and accommodating to its customers. I will stay here again the next time I visit South Dakota.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
muston19016, General Manager at Days Inn Brookings, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for your comments. Its always a pleasure to hear our guests had a nice stay. We at the Brookings Days Inn do our best to make sure all our guests have "the best stay under the sun."

I will be sure to pass the comments to all my staff. Again thank you and we hope you'll chose to stay with us again.
Wisconsin
Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

Priceline scored us a great deal at this hotel...$54 per night with free breakfast & Internet. Great location & the attached Ground Round is a great venue! We will stay here again when in Brookings visiting our daughter. Just a few blocks from SDSU.

• Stayed August 2012
muston19016, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Brookings, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for chosing to stay at the Brookings Days Inn. We are always delighted to hear our guests are satisified with their stay, as this is our main goal, to make sure our guests are happy. I will be sure to pass the compliments along to my entire stay as it is always nice for them to hear they have made someone happy. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.
California
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Dim, run down hallways, stinky stairwells and dirty, moldy, paint-peeling bathrooms. My bed looked like it hadn't been freshly made, with the sheets wrinkled and pulled back under the bedspread. I went across the street to Walmart and bought an air freshener and fan. I opened the window and "freshened" it up myself. Had there been any other available rooms in the town I would have moved.

Room Tip: If you are going to SDSU on a busy weekend, make sure to book well in advance so you won't have...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank luvt2travel88
muston19016, General Manager at Days Inn Brookings, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
I am sorry you were not happy with your stay. We do try our best to make sure every guest is satisfied. We are an aging motel with more renovation to begin in Sept again. I can assure you we do clean every room, and do try our best to keep up with any mold issues. With the indoor pool and humid weather this can be a challenge but we do our very best. Again I do apologize for any inconvience you occured during your stay.
Waseca, Minnesota
Reviewed July 24, 2012

When I was booked through work for this place, I browsed through the reviews. I immediately tried (in vain) to get it changed to Comfort Inn or Super 8. It wasn't anything special, but out room was fine (clean, quiet, comfortable), the pool seemed nice, and the check-in was quick & pleasant. I'd call it average-to-good, but a hundred times better than the scathing reviews I see here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
muston19016, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Brookings, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you for the pleasant review. So many times we only hear if our guests are unhappy and this is after check out when I as the manager am unable to rectify the situation. We are one of the larger hotels in the area, and one of the older properties. We are continually updating the property and make every effort to make sure our guests are comfortable and most of all happy and satisified. I will be sure to pass along these comments to my staff and our owner. Again thank you for your compliments.