“I stay here every time...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Brookings

Days Inn Brookings
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Brookings
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“I stay here every time...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

I have been a returning customer for years now and I always enjoy staying at the hotel. It is very clean, staff is very pleasant and accommodating to its customers. I will stay here again the next time I visit South Dakota.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
muston19016, General Manager at Days Inn Brookings, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for your comments. Its always a pleasure to hear our guests had a nice stay. We at the Brookings Days Inn do our best to make sure all our guests have "the best stay under the sun."

I will be sure to pass the comments to all my staff. Again thank you and we hope you'll chose to stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

Priceline scored us a great deal at this hotel...$54 per night with free breakfast & Internet. Great location & the attached Ground Round is a great venue! We will stay here again when in Brookings visiting our daughter. Just a few blocks from SDSU.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
muston19016, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Brookings, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for chosing to stay at the Brookings Days Inn. We are always delighted to hear our guests are satisified with their stay, as this is our main goal, to make sure our guests are happy. I will be sure to pass the compliments along to my entire stay as it is always nice for them to hear they have made someone happy. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Dim, run down hallways, stinky stairwells and dirty, moldy, paint-peeling bathrooms. My bed looked like it hadn't been freshly made, with the sheets wrinkled and pulled back under the bedspread. I went across the street to Walmart and bought an air freshener and fan. I opened the window and "freshened" it up myself. Had there been any other available rooms in the town I would have moved.

Room Tip: If you are going to SDSU on a busy weekend, make sure to book well in advance so you won't have...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank luvt2travel88
muston19016, General Manager at Days Inn Brookings, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
I am sorry you were not happy with your stay. We do try our best to make sure every guest is satisfied. We are an aging motel with more renovation to begin in Sept again. I can assure you we do clean every room, and do try our best to keep up with any mold issues. With the indoor pool and humid weather this can be a challenge but we do our very best. Again I do apologize for any inconvience you occured during your stay.

Travelers are raving about these Brookings hotels

Waseca, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

When I was booked through work for this place, I browsed through the reviews. I immediately tried (in vain) to get it changed to Comfort Inn or Super 8. It wasn't anything special, but out room was fine (clean, quiet, comfortable), the pool seemed nice, and the check-in was quick & pleasant. I'd call it average-to-good, but a hundred times better than the scathing reviews I see here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
muston19016, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Brookings, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you for the pleasant review. So many times we only hear if our guests are unhappy and this is after check out when I as the manager am unable to rectify the situation. We are one of the larger hotels in the area, and one of the older properties. We are continually updating the property and make every effort to make sure our guests are comfortable and most of all happy and satisified. I will be sure to pass along these comments to my staff and our owner. Again thank you for your compliments.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

My wife and I just checked in tonight and all I have to say is don't believe what you see in the pictures sure the outside where the Ground Round is located looks nice and the lobby looked promising but once we got checked in and in our room I immediately tried to get a room at the hotel we usually stay at when visiting family in Brookings (the Holiday Inn) the rooms aren't what were pictured online, the bathrooms are filthy (found 2 towels from the previous guests hanging in the shower) The rooms smell smokey, rooms don't look very clean and the bedding smells funky.. I would not recommend this hotel I would go and stay at the Holiday Inn!! We only got stuck here because of a soccer tournament. We will never be staying here again what a dump.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank MrStryker
, General Manager at Days Inn Brookings, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I apologize that you did not like our hotel. We are not as new as other hotels, therefore we do not have all the perks of the newer hotels in the area. We do have some smoking rooms in the hotel, I do apologize if these rooms were interfering with your stay. We do check our rooms daily for any issues, and again I apologize for any problems you found.
Pierre, South Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

Stayed here a couple of weeks ago and the place is an absolute dive. My no smoking room smelled like the backroom of a casino. We actually got up and left in the middle of the night due to the noise coming from the halls. Very disappointed with this stay and can guarantee I will never be back to this property!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
muston19016, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Brookings, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
I apologize that you were not sastisfied with your stay. We do try our best to accomodate each and every guest. We do have a select few of smoking rooms and unfortantely when our guests that do not smoke are anywhere near these rooms or if someone is outside smoking it tends to affect the other rooms especially if windows are open.

I apologize that you were not happy and would happy to discuss this matter with you if you would like to call the hotel and speak with the manager , I would gladly help you in resolving the issue.

thank you for your comments.
Newport
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

i only stay at the Days Inn in Brookings any time I am in eastern South Dakota. I have tried other hotels/motels and Days Inn is the one that always makes me feel at home. They have a large pool that is open late,(2 tube slides :-) ) a small video arcade, and by far THE BEST STAFF !!! I don't care what other amenities a hotel has if their staff is rude. I have a special needs child and they have always been very accomodating. Want extra towels?...no problem. Want to sleep in?.. housekeeping will come by later. Not familiar with Brookings? ask them anything! They will happily give you ideas and directions.The hotel is clean and the staff is always smiling. We have stayed at other Days Inn hotels and been very let down, but not at this one! My family will ALWAYS stay here and nowhere else.

Room Tip: We always ask for room 115. It is near the pool,arcade and an exit. We park right outside the window...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
muston19016, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Brookings, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments. Its always a pleasure to hear the good things we are doing. I will be sure to pass these comments along to all my staff as they are the ones who make sure our guests have the best stay under the sun.

I am so glad you had a wonderful experience and that we could be so accomadating.

Thank you for chosing to stay with us, and we do hope we will see you again soon.