Holiday Inn Express Brookings
$123
$114
Hotels.com
Super 8 Brookings(Brookings)(Great Value!)
$74
$70
$109
Fairfield Inn
My Place Hotel-Brookings, SD(Brookings)(Great Value!)
$79
Arlington Inn(Arlington)
$88
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewson dutypool areaevery morningwell taken carelate checklaura ingallswe've stayedclean roomsfriday nightbreakfast areain townlifeguardsinterstategrandson
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I made reservation 5/21 for 2 rooms the weekend of the Brookings Arts Festival July 14th and 15th. Luckily I wanted to find out if either room had a mini fridge and called on July 12th. Thank goodness I did because they switched reservation systems and had lost our reservations! Luckily they did find rooms for us but not near each other. The room my parents stayed in was a queen bed with a pull out couch. The pull out couch had popcorn under the cushions and down the sides. The air conditioner did not work well and after a poor night of sleeping we requested a new room for them the next morning. They did move them to a room but it was on the 2nd floor. My parents are older and the stairs were difficult. We had a room poolside which had 2 full size beds. On the ceiling where you go out to the pool there was mold on the ceiling. There was very little insulation in the door or window and you could hear every little sound all night. We will not stay at this hotel again. I would rather drive 60 miles back to Sioux Falls each night than go through this again.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sheryl A
IHGCare, IHGCare at Holiday Inn Express Brookings, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Dear Sheryl A,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Pam G.
Case Manager

Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed here as an overnight stop on a multiweek "Laura Ingalls Wilder" vacation. This hotel was the nicest of all that we had stayed at on our trip. The hotel looked new and was very clean and bright. The room was large which was perfect for our large family. The staff was one of the friendliest that we had encountered on our trip doing everything they could to welcome us, serve us, etc. while we were there. For example, while getting quarters to use the laundry facilities, I thanked the gentleman who helped me and he said, "Thank you for choosing to stay with us."

The pool are is small, but really it's size is comparable to most hotels we stayed at on our trip, but the bonus was the water slide (the original reason why I booked this hotel) and kiddie pool. We are usually very nervous with our youngest daughter in the pool area, but this hotel had a pool just right for her and she loved it. Our daughters enjoyed the slide as well. It was perfect for our 7 year old who had never ridden a big water slide so it was just right to help get her initiated! I wouldn't stay at this hotel just to ride on the slide, but it was a nice treat.

Breakfast was the best we've had on our trip as well. The fresh pancakes were a nice change after many places offering the standard belgium waffles. They had omelets which were very good and crispy bacon which I didn't think was possible to offer in quantities required for a "free" hotel breakfast.

We would without a doubt stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Paid $115 for a midweek stay and the hotel left a lot to be desired. We stayed there for the water park, it is a 3 1/2 foot hole with a slide. The room has no microwave or fridge and is a very small room. The staff was helpful and the place was clean but very small for a family. The beds were very comfortable for me and the TV is upgraded to a flatscreen. The wifi is fast too! The breakfast was horrible, but most are. The cleaning crew the next morning started pounding on my door at 8am

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Dear JackC48,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. We are happy to hear that our staff was helpful during your stay and glad that you liked the cleanliness of our hotel. We are sorry the overall experience you had was less than satisfactory. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is. Thank you for staying with us.

Anthony M
Case Manager

Reviewed May 11, 2012

Was here for business trip. Was a little tentatively uncomfortable knowing I'd be sharing the digs with the future farmers of America, but that turned out to be no big deal. Yes, shirtless teenagers did run through the halls, but they were quiet at night. Room was clean and safe, everything worked, great WiFi, friendly employees. Recommended!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 21, 2012

We stayed here for a hockey tournament in March and the best part of the stay was very friendly and accomodating staff. It had a convenient location right across the street from the rink. The beds were super comfy and the room was very clean. Nice breakfast selection and did well keeping up even though they were booked for the weekend.

The only negative things are the room size and pool staff. The room was very small compared with other Holiday Inns we have stayed in. They had two tables in there, not sure why and 4 chairs total. We had 4 of us and it was difficult to move around.

The pool staff was not friendly and seemed to be bothered by our presence. Lots of eyerolling and teenage attitude. The actual "pool" portion of the pool was very small and capacity was listed at 23 people.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, ihgcare at Holiday Inn Express Brookings, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Dear Jessl331,

Thank you for advising us of your dissatisfaction towards our Pool staff service. Please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience or negative impression this might have caused you. I understand why you are disappointed, let me assure you that this is not our usual level of service. Our management has taken note of this and proper action has been taken to ensure that situations of this nature will not reoccur in the future. Again, thank you for all your valuable comments which help us identify areas of improvement. We hope to welcome you back to be able to demonstrate to you the true Holiday Inn service.

Regards,