“Good steakhouse”

Whiskey Creek Wood Fire Grill
Ranked #3 of 60 Restaurants in Brookings
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: A small, family-owned group of restaurants, hand-crafting food since 1995. We feature wood-fire grilled steaks cooked over full-size logs of oak and ash, award-winning BBQ slow-smoked on premise, homemade desserts and much more.
Papillion, Nebraska
“Good steakhouse”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

It was a busy place and I know why, it has good food and service.

Our party had the opportunity to visit with the executive chef before we ordered and he gave some excellent advice. We had bacon wrapped shrimp as an appetizer and it was very good. All meals were good and the portions were just right.

Will go back next time I'm in Brookings.

• Visited May 2014

Brookings, South Dakota
“Better than average food”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

But kinda pricey. Enjoyable, but this is a food chain, and just doesn't quite reflect the region. Nice atmosphere, good service, close to the freeway.

• Visited May 2013
Astana, Kazakhstan
“I'm not much for chains, but ...”
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

I had the ribeye this trip with a baked sweet potato and salad, and it was very good. It's not particularly cheap, but then neither are other steak places in town. We've been here twice, and will likely go back, even though we're cutting back on red meat. I'll be trying the ribs next time!

Visited March 2014
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Great Ribeye!”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I've eaten at A LOT of steak houses, and to be honest, I didn't have the highest expectations for some reason when we chose this place to meet family for a dinner event. I was totally surprised at my own meal. I ordered the rib eye~it was not only done to perfection, but a true quality piece of meat. I had the salad and grilled veggies on the side. Salad was a bit small and underwhelming, but the ranch dressing was very good.
Grilled Veggies were zucchini, squash and mushrooms on 2 skewers. Nicely done.
The rest of the table seemed pleased, but mine looked the best. The fries were nothing to write home about. Basic and lacked flavor from the comments. The BBQ sauces they brought were good~6 to choose from.
My daughter had a french dip. The meat was good, but the bun seemed a big like a hot dog bun.
My son ordered a sausage sandwich. I wasn't impressed with it at all, and neither was he.
Other daughter ordered a overnight brisket. It was OK, but tasted like beef jerky. Corn muffins were nothing like we've had at other establishments. These were small and, dull.
Mac and cheese was a hit, and my spouse had a salad, as did my MIL, and they were HUGE. Both liked them very much.

I'd return, but be choosier. Steak was perfect though!
One other thing, if you're budget conscious, be aware....prices here can easily pack a ZING. Typical steakhouse prices though.

• Visited February 2014
Duluth, Minnesota
“Just OK”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I expected more... There was nothing special about their food or service to set them apart from the other restaurants in town, and the prices were higher than should have been, since their food was not any better than any of the other places in town. I'm not saying it was bad, but nothing special.

Visited October 2013