“Service was good. Food average”

Whiskey Creek Wood Fire Grill
Ranked #3 of 60 Restaurants in Brookings
Cuisines: American, Grill, Steakhouse, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We feature wood-fired grilled steaks, award-winning BBQ and so much more cooked over full-sized logs of oaks and ash.
Minnesota
“Service was good. Food average”
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Appetizer was good, toothy roll.

My moms steak was tough. My overnight brisket seemed like it was a short night, a little tough and not fork cutting worthy. I had a two meat combo and my BBQ chicken seemed like regular chicken with BZbQ sauce slapped on it.
My wife had salmon which was ok.
The sweet potato fries were very good.

Server was very good even apologized or food taking it a while.

Nice beers on tap but could have used some darker beers. Wine selection seemed adequate

Overall food was ok, slightly below Applebee's in my opinion

SD
“Love Whiskey Creek”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Great food! Fast! Great Happy Hour, Best in town. Friendly workers! I have been there 4 times over Christmas Break and love it. Recommend Whiskey Creek to anyone. Has great Margaritas

• Visited December 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfection”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Came in with high expectations and it was met! Perfectly cooked steak! Great service, thanks for coming to town!

1 Thank Magneticpollariod
Brookings
“Awesome!!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Had the rib and shrimp combo! Yeah buddy! St. Louis style is awesome and the bacon wrapped shrimp is to die for! My wife had a gorgeous 12 oz med rare traditional prime rib. She loved it, cooked perfect with so much flavor!! Thanks for coming to town, can't wait to go back!!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank JonnyJ55
Ivanhoe, MN
“Nice visit”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We went there with my family, and were seated immediately. I thought the meal price was very expensive compared to the portion size. Our waiter was very nice and accommodating. The food was good, but again- very pricey for the size of our food. My brother ordered the Steak and Shrimp, one of the pricier items on the menu...and his food didnt even cover half the plate. He had fries with it and (not joking) got 13 fries. Disappointing in that aspect....But we ordered the "smores" as a treat at the end and thought it was very cool! Cheap to order, and entertained us for a while. Would go back again.

• Visited December 2012