Children's Museum of South Dakota
Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Fun Place

This is a place you want to go with your young children or grandkids. you will enjoy going here... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
G6894XNthomasl
Brookings, SD, United States
A place for all kids of all ages !!!

There are so many different activities - for all ages. It is so much fun watching kids run from... read more

Reviewed August 27, 2018
workaholic1003
Brookings, South Dakota

All reviews grocery store water room great place all ages post office hands on activities outdoor area young children sioux falls water play indoors and outdoors animatronic t rex change of clothes rainy day ball playing first floor something for everyone
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I went with my seven grandchildren, age 2 1/2 to 7 who live in Boston, MA, while visiting our family farm. Their parents agreed that it was the best children's museum they had ever been in. Located in an old elementary school, it has big windows and solid construction to make it light and airy yet surprisingly quiet considering all the wonderful activities going on there. Each activity located in colorful separate rooms was so engaging it was difficult to get the children to move to explore another. The prairie room in the old gym incorporates a giant climbing net, a sod hut, an Indian tepee, a barn and a garden where children can pick vegetables and send them to the nearby market which has child size carts and checkouts. And there is a fantastic life size moving T-Rex outside. Worth a detour.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

So much fun even for adults.....giant litebrite board, music room, water room, food, outdoor fun - Mama and baby dinosaurs. The whole experience is great!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is one of the best children's museums ever! Great for kids who like interactive games and role paying. The "plains" theme is very creative and the building is wonderful. Highly recommend! Also the prices are great.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

First time here and my kids 2 and 13 had a great time! I was surprised to see you had water play area and band room. Even upstairs they have events for older kids to do things. The big pilgrim room has floating leaves that kids love to climb on.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was my first time at the Children's Museum of South Dakota located in Brookings. However, my grandsons, ages 3 1/2 and 1 1/2 and their mother (my daughter) are weekly visitors as they live in Brookings. My oldest grandson was my tour guide and we did everything! From weighing bags of soybeans to picking flowers to taking a short nap in a "soddie" to fixing a car to . . . What a fantastic place to visit! I will be back when I visit them in May.