“Great place to stay”
Review of Super 8 Brookings

Super 8 Brookings
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Brookings

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Iowa
Reviewed January 23, 2013

When I stay at Super 8, I am generally looking for inexpensive overnight lodging. I don't expect frills, and I rarely get them. I end up with what is hopefully a clean, fairly comfortable room.
Super 8 Brookings exceeded my expectations. Room was clean and comfortable, recently updated with new furniture and bathroom fixtures. Breakfast was better than most. Location was good, staff was friendly. Super 8 prices with higher level comfort and amenities. I will be staying there again when I go that way!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
minnesota
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our son went to college at SDSU, and every time we went to visit we stayed here. You can't beat the price! Always friendly service, very nice rooms, great breakfast, etc. we never had a complaint! Highly recommend!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 18, 2012

My overall satisfaction was quite low regarding my stay. I understand the importance of customer feedback for training and production purposes. I was extremely disappointed that my room was not cleaned after my first night at this location. I came back to a room that had dirty towels, garbage cans full as well as messed up bedding and no vacuuming done. I called the front desk to ask why this was not done and was told that "i must have left a sign for no service on my door", which was not the case, it turns out the housekeeper assigned to my room is new and from another country and assumed that since no one answered that no service was required. It took quite a long time for the manager to contact me to apologize. I had checked a few times to see if she had received my message before hearing back. I know I wasn't the only one in the group of us that this happened to. I was disappointed as well that my bill was reduced by only $10, seemed kind of like a cheap offering, however I wasn't going to argue about it. I was with approximately 15 other families with rooms that weekend for an event in town, turned out we got snowed in and the staff was very accomodating regarding holding rooms to see if we could travel out or not. Based on our experience and comfort level, i.e. minimal and cheap offerings for breakfast as well as the prior mentioned items, we have cancelled our large group from another Super 8 that we had reserved rooms in and switched to another location. This location is in Marshall, Minnesota. We received feedback from another group that this was not a location worth spending our money as well. We travel often and share our experiences with a large group of parents that end up in many of the same locations. Overall, this was less than satisfactory. Too many of this brand name hotels are run down with little effort in cleaning them up.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Debra57006, General Manager at Super 8 Brookings, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Again, I want to apologize that you were disappointed with your stay. We pride ourselves on offering clean, comfortable rooms where everything works, as well as friendly service for all our guests. It is important to us that our guests leave with a sense of value from their stay. We are so sorry that was not the case for you. This hotel has earned and maintained the prestigious Pride of the Super 8 Status for the 4th year in a row. This status is obtained through a lot of hard work, paying close attention to details in cleanliness and customer service. We have a very beautiful Super 8 but that being said, as with anyone, mistakes do happen as with what happened with you. For the most part, our hotel staff and its guests that weekend had a very positve experience through difficult circumstances at best with the ongoing blizzard, shortage of staff, and room shortages. Thank you for sharing your comments I do apologize and invite you to stay with us if you should be in the area give us the opportunity to redeem our selves.