“Clean, comfortable rooms, great service.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Brookings
“Clean, comfortable rooms, great service.”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We were on a short trip this weekend and stayed two nights in a horrible ramada in Aberdeen. We were flying out of Sioux falls so decided to drive up pretty late the night before our trip. First good night of sleep at this hotel in days! The beds and pillows were comfortable. The bathroom was clean. The lobby was just updated. The employees were all very nice. Would stay here again, and I'm a picky California girl:)

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank familycali

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We reserved the room late for a busy weekend and all that wsa available was a smoking room. when we got there the front staff was wonderful and understanding our concern about the smoky smell, they put an ionizer in the room and also febreezed the room to help with the smell. Even through the hotel was packed it was very quiet. Also in the morning the breakfast area was kept stocked even though there was heavy usage. i read the reviews and was somewhat apprehensive about staying here, but on all level, the hotel and the staff exceeded our expectations. My daughter goes to South Dakota State and we will be visiting again and I will definitely stay at the comfort inn again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Tom C
Fergus Falls, Minnesota
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I have stayed in multiple Comfort Inn and Comfort Suite Hotels over the past few years. However, this hotel is nowhere near the same quality as the other hotels. The room that I stayed in was very dirty, the carpet looked as it it had never been vacuumed. The bathroom floor was dirty and the bathtub had hair in it. When I took off my white socks, the bottom of the socks were black. I dropped my cellphone on the floor between the bed and the wall. I moved the bed to pick it up, I was shocked by the dirt, dust, and garbage that was there. When I tried to take a shower in the morning, the water was ice cold. When I complained about the dirty room and the cold water, I was told that it was because they were full and did not have enough staff. All they had on the breakfast bar was cold sausage gravy and biscuits and pumpkin waffles in addition to the dried out bread and pastries. Thank goodness there is a Perkins nearby. I stayed for an extended time due to my work assignment; however, the sheets were never changed and they never vacuumed the carpets.

Room Tip: Rooms are large, but beware, the rooms near the stairs are extremely noisy.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Linda S
Hawarden, Iowa
Reviewed February 6, 2012

My wife and i stayed at the Comfort Inn at Brookings SD, on Febrary 3rd, I was told they had a CdL driver rate, when checking in i asked about it and was told that since i dont have a semi they cant honor the rate. The back door into the motel did not lock, " no safety here ".. The guy at the reception desk was very unfriendly, even argumentative. Not only to me and my wife, but also the 2 elderly ladies checking in right in front of us.
The bed was very uncomfortable. No refrigerator in the room. I asked for a 4am wake up call, and didnt recieve the call till almost 4:15,
Never stayed in worse than this.....

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Brookings hotels

South Dakota
Reviewed December 10, 2011

I first stayed at this local 12 years ago when I interviewed for a job here. Quiet, unassuming, the rooms were spacious, the hot tub was nice.

Now a resident, my wife and I go there just because. Clean, small, decent sized rooms, continental breakfast—really nothing out of the ordinary you get from a chain motel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We thought for the price we'd have to compromise but not here. When we checked in there were issues with the shower and toilet so we thought it was what it was. However when we asked for repairs they were done with super high quality and quickly while we were out. Plus the breakfast was better than most 3 stars in town. Debbie was especially hardworking even though we were late to breakfast and there was an entire volleyball team there, there was plenty if food and our breakfast was hot.

• Stayed September 2011
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We rented 1 room for 3 nights & a 2nd for 2 nights. Neither room was serviced while we were there. We had to ask for clean towels, coffee packets. When I went to the desk the 2nd evening and said our room hadn't been serviced, there was no comment other than "is there something you need?" Another odd thing was the entry, lobby & hallway were cleaned several times and the bleach/lysol smell so pungent that we momentarily thought there must be a pool.

Our room was nonsmoking but had a stale odor.

The breakfast was good with waffles, biscuits & gravy, eggs, sausage or bacon along with breads & cereals.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family