“Very clean, but too much for what you get!”

Northern Lights Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Britton
Northern Lights Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Britton
Reviewed January 2, 2012

The hotel room was very clean and the shower was nice, but overall it is too much money for what you get. We even asked for an additional cot for one of our children and were told we would have to pay an additional $20.00 for that! I have never hear of such a thing before! The breakfast was also the scarcest I have ever seen and we have stayed in many many hotels across the country.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Stephanie J

Reviewed October 25, 2011

Very impressed with helpful staff and clean rooms. Being hunters we arrived to Britton early around 9 am, I was told that check in was not until 3 pm but they would try to get my room ready as soon as they can. They called around 11 to let us know they got it ready. They don't allow your dogs to go in your room but they do have a room behind the desk that they let you keep your dog if it's in a kennel at no extra cost. They have a game cleaning shed right behind the hotel. Will be duck hunting in this area again, they don't know what they have.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
10  Thank LoveToHunt2
Reviewed October 24, 2011

This is NOT, I repeat NOT a hunter friendly hotel. My entire stay I felt like the staff were annoyed by both outsiders/hunters. They repeatedly and rudely told our family what I can/can't do. I think I was told 5 times I had to clean up after myself in the cleaning house...Like I wouldn't? Keep in mind, I'm not a partier, I'm Minnesota nice, a professional, my non-hunting wife is a professional who just wanted to read books, two teens and a father-in-law for 4 days. We are the perfect customer, no drinking, in bed by 9 pm. Please don't be fooled by the nice cleaning facility, the staff hate hunters! They hate outsiders! I was first told on the phone they would accomodate dropping stuff off or early check in - when I arrived she said NO!, my room wasn't ready! Then a long list of how I'm wrong and why they can never do that, argueing in front of my family. 7-8 minutes into her rudeness she said what a minute - our room was ready! Saddly the Manager (black hair) was more apt to say no and argue she forgot to listen to a question and look it if was possibility...just NO! My last night I "requested" at the front if I could put two bags next to my dog kennel in the AM and pick them up at noon -2 hours after MANDATORY check out! The next morning some rude (uneducated) staff member told me I couldn't and actually implied my question was inappropriate, I was told I..."shouldn't be listening to that employee as she's an unreliable resource and you can't count on her." Wouldn't a HOTEL EMPLOYEES be the resource I should be asking? On day 2 the manager was talking about my dog (she didn't know it was mine or didn't see me) to another hunter saying how she had to yell at it several times and how they (the hotel) "normally don't allow dogs" (my dog doesn't bark, kenneled reguarly, loves everyone and is an expereinced hunter); like they are doin us a favor by allowing evil in the hotel. I was told that the dogs were "secure", but they allow anyone in the room and you are encouraged to prop the back door open to a unlocked alley. I was then told I coudn't put 2 duffel bags/hunting bins (they have PLENTY OF ROOM) next to my dog because they wouldn't accomodate a noon check out as they were "full" and things could "get stollen" from the dog room. Again the same secure room they put your most valuable possession...your dog. In speaking with the Manager, she said, they were not full (irronic I was called the liar) and I could pay $77+tax if I wanted a late check out and in fact they could accomodate my request as they had several rooms available. Frankly, my dog is more valuate then my stuff, I wouldn't trust this staff or this hotel. My first trip to Britton will be my last. Final note, the hunting was below average. Grotton, Bristol, Aberdeen and Webster are only 30 miles away. Staff are the worse I've expereinced in my life. You can't fix stupid, so I"m sure they don't even get it....so I feel for the OWNERS of this hotel. Hotel was clean. Very pricy for what you got at $80.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank MidwestMinnesota
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Very nice room but too costly for what you get. If you look at the alternatives in this town though, you will probably be willing to pay the extra $.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
5  Thank kimjady
Reviewed July 12, 2011

The rooms were clean and up to date. It is a fairly new place. But for $80 a night it wasn't worth it. The breakfast was very basic, toast or cold cereal. Working on the road like I do I have paid less for a pla e with a better breakfast with hot food and a pool hottub sauna and weight room. Not alot of options in a small town like this but I wouldn't cone back just due to the price. It is a $49.99 hotel not $70+taxes

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank combinedisbadstuff
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Honestly wasn't expected much for such a small town, but this was a lovely little hotel, with clean and comfortable rooms. It looks new, with a nice flat screen tv in the rooms. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The breakfast was pretty sparse but the nice rooms more than made up for that.

• Stayed: July 2011
8  Thank Sandyskingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2008

This is a newly build motel. Very nice and clean. No worries here at all. Friendly staff and a small continental breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
6  Thank HideawaysSouthDakota

Been to Northern Lights Inn? Share your experiences!