Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort of Sioux Falls
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brandon
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort of Sioux Falls
Plainfield, Illinois
“Average Stay”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

If you are hauling a camper and on your way to Black Hills, this would be your best spot to stop over at night, since it is close to the highway. The place is average and inexpensive. Obviously this is a kids campground so this place is ideal if you have kids. I've heard some bad reviews that it can get really loud since it is close to the highway but it didn't bother us at all. In fact we didn't really hear a lot of noise coming from the highway.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wowok2travel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
des moines
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We camp in a travel trailer and stayed in the red row, about 5-6 from the left. Camp site is VERY clean and staff is super nice! Tons of activities for kids throughout the day. This is a family-run campground and it's been in the same family for around 30 years, they are wonderful people and do a great job!

The wagon rides with Yogi, Booboo and the Ranger were so neat for the kids. They are out a lot, which surprised me because it was very hot! There is one water-wagon ride one day, be prepared to be soaked, the little ones do not like it so much, but the staff really get into it. It was a hot day for us so I didn't mind a bit. The pool is huge, and there is a hot tub - all renovated 3 years ago. The pool has a very nice wading area for the little ones.

"Bruce" that someone else mentioned, reminded me of my dad, maybe a little on the rough side, but we weren't around him a lot. He fixed the tether ball on the playground. There was a slight smell as someone else referenced. It was not anoying. We noticed a herd of buffalo a few miles down I-90 that could be the source. But again, it was not anoying.

There is a pancake breakfast on Sunday morning that was perfect for a quick clean up and head out day. Overall, we had a wonderful time and will go back next year!

Room Tip: Just beyond the red row, there is a line of pines, a hill and a lower campground area. This area is...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank m m
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Looked like there were quite a few new upgrades. Our site for our 38' motorhome was nice. The kids had a great time at the pool. It was not one of the fancy pool areas like some Jellystone Parks have, but it was a nice sized pool with a shallow area for the little ones. I did not have any experiences at all with someone being rude. Everyone was pleasant.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Karen L
Sioux Falls
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We went on a family camping trip to Yogi Bear near Sioux Falls by Brandon. The owner, Bruce, is VERY rude and uses a loud, mean voice to the kids. Our middle guy (4) was told to SIT DOWN before we had even found places to sit on the wagon ride. Of course, we are going to find a place and sit, but he is not the kid of kid to push his way for a seat - heck, Yogi bear wasn't even on. I found Bruce to be quite mean to children. There is golf - but it was $8 for myself and our 6 year old to goofy golf which took 10 minutes. There are lots of things to do - but they charge expensive prices for everything. The shower curtain (wooden) wouldn't even shut so I took a shower w 2 of our children with the shower door standing open. Geez! For $50 per night for a pop up camper....2 adults and 3 kids under 7, we thought it was very expensive per night let alone the extras that you do. Once a year, we bite the bullet and camp there - otherwise we save money and go to a kinder place! Bruce needs to lighten up!!! Oh, the rope across the pool was taken down also. I said - our children know not to go past the rope and bruce said - Yep, it is down. I think Bruce would be good at collections but not at working a family campground. Stay away from him and bring lots of money!

Room Tip: They will NOT give you a campsite number b4 you get there - and it will be one of the worst sites un...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Might be that we just don't like private campgrounds, but we really didn't like this one. It is clean and everyone was friendly. But the tent sites are awful - small, uncovered, right near the interstate. The sound of the trucks was ceaseless. There is also an awful smell (manure?) throughout the whole campground.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank 6inavan
Beecher, Illinois
Reviewed June 11, 2010

This park was a lot of fun with clean facilities, fun activities for children and adults alike, and great picture opportunities. The prices were good and the staff were very knowledgeable and hardworking. It is also very close to The Falls downtown. The bouncy pillow was excellent, a great workout, and tons of fun for all! Overall a wonderful experience.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank acoolcatz31
Minnesota
Reviewed May 22, 2008

As a single person travelling with cats, it's not always easy finding lodging, let alone anything reasonably priced that doesn't turn around and add in an additional pet surcharge. When it came time to plan this vacation, I decided to explore other options and stumbled across the website for this campground. I'm happy that I did.

This was my first time staying at a campground instead of in a hotel or motel, and yes, there are differences. I rented a "Yogi Bear's Cabin" for my two night's stay - the most rustic of the three options. I had two rooms, with a double bed and two sets of bunkbeds, a microwave, mini refrigerator, and television/dvd player for much less than I've paid for motel rooms in the past. I did know from the website that this type of cabin does not include a private bathroom, but they were only a short walk away, and the showers made it worth it. The mattresses were also less than ideal, but I realize that they were probably typical of what one would find at any similar campground.

This is definitely a resort geared for families with children. The Yogi Bear theme is everywhere, as I had expected, and there are planned activities and other amenities to keep children entertained. I did not, however, feel out of place travelling alone. The staff was courteous and helpful, and I'm extremely impressed by how clean the entire facility - cabin, bathrooms, grounds - is. It was also wonderful to know that the cats were actually welcome instead of merely tolerated - and there was no additional charge for their stay. I would definitely consider a second stay if I make it back to Sioux Falls again.

• Liked — It was very pet-friendly
  • Disliked — The mattresses
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brandon
Quality Inn And Suites
AeroStay Hotel
AeroStay Hotel
#17 of 53 in Sioux Falls
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sioux Falls

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort of Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!