“Quiet, Clean, and Inexpensive.”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Belle Fourche
Lincoln, NE
“Quiet, Clean, and Inexpensive.”
Reviewed July 29, 2010

My husband and I and our 6 month old daughter spent two nights in the Motel 6 in Belle Fourche. Overall, I would say it was a pleasant stay. The room and bathroom were clean. We couldn't hear any of the other lodgers through the walls (though it didn't seem like there were too many people staying there besides us). The water pressure in the shower was amazing. The towels seemed very old and seemed almost like someone's old towels that they brought from home...they were ragged, stiff, blue towels that didn't seem like any I'd seen in a motel room. The decor was ghastly...honestly one of the ugliest bedspreads I've ever seen. It actually had pictures of Motel 6's on it, alongside pictures of station wagons, waterfalls, a man fishing, a city skyline, and pink flamingos. I'm guessing these are standard in all Motel 6 rooms, but I do admit they brightened my stay by making me laugh. Overall, this room was about what I expected for the low price we paid - perhaps even more than I expected, because it was quiet and clean, which is unfortunately something you don't always find with an inexpensive room..

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Flandreau, South Dakota
Reviewed May 25, 2010

This hotel is VERY basic. Good if all you're looking for is somewhere to sleep before moving on. While it provided a hair dryer, the cord was so disgusting I would not use it.
The walls are so thin that even with the TV on I clearly heard every moan and mattress squeek from the adjacent room.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Jeff B, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, November 1, 2011
This motel was built new in 1998, walls are double 2 x 6 construction between rooms. Adj. rooms with doors between do allow more noise.
Idaho
Reviewed November 15, 2009

This was a very clean and comfortable motel. The beds were very comfortable ad the room was very spacious. For a no frills cheap stay this was excellent. The only complaint was that there was a smell of cigarette smoke in the hallway near our room but you could not smell anything in the room.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Idaho
Reviewed June 9, 2009

My husband and I had a very long day and were absolutely exhausted. We were looking for a nice clean room with a king size bed. Motel 6 in Belle Fourche, SD has the nicest staff and immaculate rooms. The bed was so comfortable and the hotel was quiet. A little off the beaten path for us as we were traveling on Hwy 212 out of Billings, Montana but well worth the wait to get there! Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 22, 2004

I have stayed at this hotel on several occassions. It is a good place for a quick stay. There aren't enough amenities to stay here for an extended period of time. However, it is a nice, clean, convenient stop if you happen to be passing through the area. I have also tried some of the "better" chains in Spearfish, but found that they are not worth the extra money. This Motel 6 is a great value. If you are looking for a layover during a long trip, I would recommend trying this hotel.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 14 in Spearfish
Fairfield Inn & Suites Spearfish

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Econo Lodge

Property: Econo Lodge
Address: 1815 5th Ave, I-90 Exit 10 to Hwy 85 North, Belle Fourche, SD 57717-2090 (Formerly Motel 6)
Location: United States > South Dakota > Belle Fourche
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Belle Fourche
Hotel Class:2 star — Econo Lodge 2*
Formerly the Motel 6 now newly converted to Econo Lodge under franchise agreement with Choice Hotels International,Inc. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Econo Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Motel 6 Belle Fourche