“Great little motel.”
Review of Sunset Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Belle Fourche
Sunset Motel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Belle Fourche
Cedar Springs, Michigan
“Great little motel.”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Sunset Motel in Belle Fourche SD for three days in June and it was a very pleasant stay. The rooms were exceptionally clean and it was very homey. If you are looking for fancy this is not for you, but if you are looking for a very clean reasonably priced motel, you can't go wrong with the Sunset. The motel is close to the road so you do get some road noise, but that is the case in all motels when they are right off the road. The rooms are cosy and you are close to Spearfish Canyon and Deadwood. Patty has donkeys and they are very friendly and cute. I will definitely be reserving rooms again for my next trip out to the Dakotas.

Room Tip: They have theme rooms, so ask if you have a preference. We had both a harley room and cowboy room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Robin B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Rapid City, SD
Reviewed April 19, 2012

This motel is the cleanest motel I've ever been in. It is so homey and decorated so cute. The price is fantastic and the owners are wonderful!! I was impressed with the colored towels that made me feel like I was at home instead of traveling. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2012

The couple that own the place are very helpful. We rented 5 rooms so we got to see the decor of eachothers rooms very cute and homely. Great mom and pop place!

• Stayed January 2012
Centrahoma, OK
Reviewed January 9, 2012

What a great find this was! Rob and Patty have done a first rate job remodeling this old motel. The rooms are EXTREMELY clean and really don't look like "motel" rooms. Their furnishings are so well done, especially for a little motel in the West. We had a room with a cattleman's theme, which was perfect for us since we are cattle ranchers. If you're looking for an accommodation with a spa, gym, and pool, go to one of the chains (which is where I have had bedbugs TWICE!). But if you want a clean, comfortable, homey room to stay in for a VERY reasonable price, this is it. You can always go down the street for breakfast at any of several eateries. I will always stay here when I make my twice yearly trips to Belle Fourche.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank macawma
Henderson
Reviewed October 3, 2011

My mother picked this motel because she thought it looked like a lodge. But in my opinion it was an average old motel. If you plan on staying more than one day, they don't replenish the amenities. All they have it a coffeemaker for coffee. No breakfast or pool. The height of the showerhead was far too short. I had to duck down under it to rinse my hair. The toilet paper should be next to the toilet instead of across from the toilet where you had to reach for it. There was no fan in the bathroom. This motel needs to be remodeled.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
sunset57717, Manager at Sunset Motel, responded to this review, October 7, 2011
The comment card from your stay indicated you had a nice stay and no issues were mentioned. Our apolgies on the over sight in replenishing your amenities. A call to the front desk would have fixed that. While we do not have a pool or breakfast, we do provide clean and comfortable accommodations for our guests. Yes our property is older but we make cleanliness and friendliness our priorites with our decor fitting the area we live in.
Reviewed August 20, 2011

This was my 2nd stay at this little retro-style motel. Our room had 2 beds & was decorated w/ a Harley theme--other rooms have western themes. It located right on the highway at the southern edge of Belle Fourche & is within an easy drive of the Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, Devil's Tower, etc. The owners, Rob & Patti, are friendly, helpful & provide great service. As a side note of interest, Patti raises donkeys--there are 4 in the pasture next to the motel. There are also RV sites available

• Stayed July 2011
Oak Island, North Carolina
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Room was clean, window ac units, however it did cool room fairly quickly. For the price, was a good value. Owners are in the process of remolding some of the rooms. Rob & Patty were gracious and accomodating.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
#1 of 8 in Lead
Travelodge Spearfish
Travelodge Spearfish
#9 of 14 in Spearfish

Been to Sunset Motel? Share your experiences!