“Coming back for 2014 Rally”

Wyatt's Hideaway Campground
Wyatt's Hideaway Campground
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I stayed at Wyatt's for the 2007 Rally, and it was really convenient, clean, and pretty peaceful. I took advantage of the breakfast a couple mornings, and really appreciated the clean bathroom and shower facilities. Close enough to the festivities in-town, but far enough out for easy highway access and a break from the mayhem. The experience was good enough for me to return this August. I requested a reservation online, and Kent called me personally to welcome me back. When you can pay many hundreds of dollars for a motel; $20 a night for clean and friendly camping is exactly what I needed.

Room Tip: Good tent camping along the river - breakfast and showers a short walk
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here. Off season, almost empty, tent site on the river. Perfect. The showers were nice (hot water!) and they had a washer and dryer. I enjoyed my visits with Dan, who was managing things while the owners were away. Good price and good experience. The only noises were the river (good) and the noise from the highway (not so good).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We have been traveling for over 6 months and, with the mix of reviews, were apprehensive about the stay at this campground. To reserve our site we were given only one payment choice: mail a check.We had to follow up with the owner a week and a half after we mailed the check to find out if he received the draft.
The camp is located about 35 minutes drive from Sturgis.
Here is what we experienced: Upon arrival, the owner greeted us then guided us to our site. The RV sites are close together and somewhat level. We were underwhelmed by the muddy gravel roads and weeds instead of grass. The trees in the RV areas are hat-racked, but not well-placed. Showers and toilets are cleaned daily, but they completely miss the walls and many cobwebs. There are about 10 sinks but only 1 bar of soap for all to share. The WiFi is weak and slow. The free coffee is worth what you pay for it. Although the rules state that pets are only allowed on leashes, the owner allows his largest dog to roam around the grounds, aggravating other dogs. Only one train passes through the edge of the site in the early morning.The location near Belle Fourche (pronounced "Foosh") on Hwy 34 is out-of-the-way but close to basic services.

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else.... with a better reputation.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BrownIdCat
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I found this little campground on the Internet. Was very glad that I chose to stay. Kent Wyatt and his family provide a quality camping experience at a reasonable price. Showers and restroom are cleaned to high standards daily. The personal attention provided by Mr.Wyatt only adds to the charm of his property. I will stay here again. Very family friendly. Bring your kids and grand kids.

Room Tip: Give Mr. Wyatt a chance, he won't disappoint you.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank thdjr
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This place has really deteriorated from what I have been read from older reviews. It is not a good choice for campground especially during the motorcycle rally. The owner is rude and arrogant is an excellent example of someone who has swindled themselves into a worthless plot of land and is trying to gouge every last penny out of the good folks who are looking to branch out and stay at other areas of western south Dakota instead of Sturgis. Friends that are not staying there are not allowed entry without being charged, have to organize your group "on the highway" is what was suggested by the manager. I could go on and on, but just like others have suggested save your money and GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Patrick C
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed at this campground back in '05 and were extremely impressed with the owners and the site...well I can safely say that in the last 8 years they have changed!!!
My husband and I were going to go to Sturgis this year and had made our reservation in advance as well as paid for it. My husband lost his job today and i am disabled and when I called to cancel the reservation the owner was COMPLETELY RUDE and told me that it was past the deadline for cancellation and that he would not be able to rent out the spot to anyone else now. That is total CRAP!!! He is a liar and a cheat and I would advise everyone to STAY AWAY from this place!!!!
They are supposedly "christian orientated"...well I'd say that that is a marketing ploy to try and get people to trust them...don't fall for it!!!
STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2012

No privacy, our 5th wheel is almost touching our neighbors. VERY rude owner. Lectured us about using too much electric before we even got set up! We signed up and paid for a monthly site but I don't think we'll be here long! And the wifi doesn't work, and the bath houses and laundry mat that are supposed to be available have never been unlocked since we got here either. Save some trouble and go somewhere else!

• Stayed: November 2012