Motel 6 Yemassee SC
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rodeway Inn(Yemassee)
Econo Lodge(Ridgeland)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We stayed here for a day on our way over to Florida. It's typical motel type place, a little cruddy, rooms were a bit smelly (but I think that's because of the pet friendly policy). I would not expect too much out of it, but the one thing I did love was that they had a small park behind the hotel. Ask for a room facing it, and you can let Poochie out in the morning, and he'll love it.

They also have a small dog walk area near the other side too.

When it comes to the amenities, the free wifi is great, decent speed. Breakfast was continental as usual. My room did not have an ironing board which was a minus, but it did have a fridge and a microwave which was great if you have left overs.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2012

My husband and I were very happy with the Yemassee Econo Lodge when we stayed there May 2012. Honestly, we didn't expect much for $49.99; but, when we entered the room it had a nice and clean smell. The king bed was also clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We dined at the Denny's for dinner (the Ultimate Skillet was ultimately flavorful, the Cranberry Apple Chicken Salad was yummy and we had the one of the best waitresses in the world) and the Waffle House for breakfast (as always, the best coffee, sweet tea, hash browns, sausage gravy & biscuits, etc.). Everywhere we went, the staff was so friendly and accommodating. We would gladly plan our stopover here every year.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2008

I have always taken these reviews with a grain of salt and had decent experiences despite bad reviews. This is one case that I should have taken the advice of previous travelers. The first warning was the woman who answered the phone said, it is an old hotel. Second warning, there was only ONE car in the lot and our room was all the way around the back side-hmm....

The adage you get what you pay for is so true here. It is old but old can be a good thing but not if the carpet is musty, smells like old urine and feels dirty to your bare feet.

The a/c did not work. The lampshade was crushed. The bed, OMG, the bed was soft and lumpy but the sheets were clean. The shower head was perfect height for anyone under 5 ft. but the water was hot and the pressure was good.

And there was only 1/2 a roll of toilet paper and no tissues. Had it not been so late at night we would have found another place to stay. So please keep on looking!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank skrappy_kat
Reviewed March 2, 2008

Driving home from Florida and needed a place to sleep and decided to give the Budget Inn a try since we only needed a room for six to seven hours to sleep. I would have rather slept in the car, the floor was not vacumed....there was a burn hole in the sheets......one of the lamp shades looked like it caught on fire.....I felt dirty just standing in the room. We looked at the room for two minutes and went back to the front desk to get a refund.
If your heading north drive a few miles north to Walterboro, there are much nicer hotels (we stayed in the Quality Inn for $48).

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank cincybengalsfan
Reviewed January 1, 2008

It was late, we drove all day, we were very tired and everything else was booked in the area... So we made a very very bad choice !

We checked in and my wife went to the room while I left to get some fastfood nearby.

The first room she went into had a very bad heating system and all the controls were rusty so she went to the front desk to have another room.

When she got into the second room the heating system was ok but when she looked at the beds and in one of them the sheets were stained (blood ?) and there were many hairs in it. So she went back to the front desk and ask for another set of sheets so she could change the bed.

We should have run away but we were too tired and we just wanted to crash there for about 5 or 6 hours before we went back on the road with the kids.

We also found bugs on the floor of the bathroom, the shower was disgusting and the sink was disgusting too.

The carpet was dirty and sticky too.

In fact, we just tried not to touch anything beside the clean sheets that we asked for because it was really horrible.

In the morning I pass in front of the "continental breakfast" around 6AM and all that was there was about 4 mini doughnuts and 2 almost empty container of milk and sunny delight. Another unlucky guy came in and burst out laughing when he saw that and said "At least they have coffee"... Until he tasted it and then he wasn't laughing anymore !!!

Anyway after we saw the extremely poor condition of the room, I would not have touch any food that they provided with a 10 feet poll.

It is too bad that I did not have my camera so I could have took picture of the rooms, but anyway, I don't think I could have publish so disgusting pictures.

Stay away from this place. It wasn't in tripadvisor yet, and I sincerly hope it will be the only review of it so nobody has to suffer anymore !

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family