“Average Hotel but good location off interstate on way to or from Florida”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Yemassee
fletcher
“Average Hotel but good location off interstate on way to or from Florida”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Here you get what you pay for and I knew that. I only payed a little over $40.00 for a quick nights sleep. If you are expecting anything more than do like others have said and drive on.The rooms are basic, they have put in newer carpeting. The bathroom is basic, but fairly clean. The bed was comfortable The tv line-up is better than most hotels at this price. I basically just used this property for a nights sleep and went on my way. They have down and out rooms that make it easy to get in and get out. There are NO eating places at this exit except a Subway. The rest of them are about 12 miles in either direction so I planned ahead and got food on the way in. They have fridge and microwave in the rooms o it worked out okay. The free breakfast is basically cereal and waffles, no surprise there either. If you are tired and want to save some money then this is tolerable for a nights respite. Good location right off the interstate and 2.5 hours from Fl state line.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank steve p

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

we, a family of 4 people, stopped for the first time by this hotel at night (21december 2012) in our way to Orlando. Clean room (110), hot water, air conditioning, a small fridge, a microwave, a Wifi connection, a helpful staff (Boby and Alicia), what more can a visitor expect despite the low price? I would recommend Super 8 to other travelers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Based on previous reviews, I was a bit worried when I booked this hotel, but I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. Our room was very clean and pleasant, and it smelled nice. The fridge worked great. While there were some hard water stains on the showerhead, it was a perfectly clean bathroom. The only problem was that there were dead batteries in our TV remote - not a big deal at all! This hotel was DEFINITELY worth the money. We felt safe - no disruptions, no disturbances. Please don't let past reviews scared you. This hotel appears to have approved significantly. There is wireless, it's not secure, but it's there. Hotel staff was nice and helpful. As relatively poor students, this hotel met our needs and our expectations, so if you are on a budget, I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
CT
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

I used hotwire last minute and got this motel booked as a hotwire rate but never again! I traveled to South Carolina for an interview and just needed a quick nights sleep and a shower the next morning. was prepared for the worst but not that bad. It was gross and although I couldn't cancel or get a refund and got in late from a long drive I should have just left and called the money a loss. What was ironic was the sign on the door that read keep my room super clean lmao. There were stains on the door that looked like a spill or whatever I dont want to know and same on the outside of the fridge. Didn't dare look in the microwave. Everything was way out of date which is fine for a 2 star motel but atleast clean the place. It smelled good when we walked in but there were dead bugs and after moving the night stand to look for something it appeared that they never cleaned under there because there were more dead bugs and dust. When attempting to take a shower the next morning the shower head looked as though it hadn't been cleaned since they opened the place years and years ago. there was paper towel supporting the toylet seat there was tissue stuck in the door stopper on the wall a real creative home improvement. The worst of the worst of the worst. I slept on top of close and was close to sleeping in the car. wore flip flops in the shower but even then nothing drained. the sink or shower. Compleatly dissatisfied deserves NO stars. Its not that the place couldn't be sleepable but unfortunatly they do not care to clean the place so so so so sad that this place hasn't been closed down. STAY AWAY SERIOUSLY NOT PLAYING. Hotwire should not let there customers purchace from a place like this. Sorry about grammer and spelling

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
super8yemassee, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Super 8 Yemassee for your recent stay in our area and for giving us a review. We very much appreciate it as it can go a long way in improving our services.

Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken by us.

• We have taken committed steps to ensure a high level of maintenance, cleanliness and hygiene of the rooms, which should match our guest expectations.

• Management has been suggested about a system being set up so that our valued guests could be serviced with the items for which they ask.

• Maintenance was notified of your report of bugs in the room assigned to you and instructed to look into the matter and see to any necessary extermination.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will appreciate our efforts and once again choose our hotel and see the change. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly satisfied with our actions.

Sinerely,
Hotel Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Yemassee hotels

Atlanta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

We did not make any reservations therefore we were cold with were ever we stayed because we did not mind since we were staying only for one night. But this place was Worn down, they tried to cover up the mild dew and mold with paint but the paint was cheap without primer therefore it was peeling off the wall. The shower was ok to say the most if someone in another room turned the water on it would go extremely hot or cold but the water pressure was decent. The electrical wall outlets did not work; the rooms were hot and musty smelling, we ask for a non smoking room, but could smell the smoke from next door. The wi fi was useless, I had to tether from my phone and speaking of phones the line in the room did not work at all. The line was not even active. There is a old rundown ford explorer that looks like it has been sitting up for years out in the parking lot. If you are still reading this than you are better off staying across the street next to the bp and it is cleaner, cheaper and safer. I think it is a Carolina lodge and locals say that the super 8 is a hourly hotel. If you know what I mean.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
super8yemassee, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Super 8 Yemassee for your recent stay while visiting in our area. I’m sorry that it didn’t work out.

Thank you for calling our attention to the problems which you found in your room. Upon receipt of your review, maintenance was informed of the problem that you have faced and asked to fix them. We are confident that this will match the expectations of any discerning guest.

I hope that the next time you are in our area you will again stay at the Super 8 Yemassee; I think you will be greatly pleased.

Brooksville, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

Trash strewn all around the property.cigarette butts outside every door. Breakfast was not typical Super8. Infact this place is not typical Super8. There are better choices for a hotel several exits either direction on 95.

• Stayed June 2011
Dear Guest,

Honestly, we thank and appreciate you for choosing the Super 8 Yemassee and for your open review.

We have taken every aspect of the review pretty seriously and truly regret such an experience. We would like to mention the steps we have taken so that never such an incident is occurred.

We have specially instructed and ensured a superior level of room service as well as hospitality from our hotel staff. The management has also taken steps to improve the upkeep of the rooms, amenities and hygiene.

We invite you to once again choose us for your stay whenever you visit our area and feel an all new experience and dedicated hospitality.

Hotel Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yemassee
Hampton Inn Yemassee/Point South
Econo Lodge Walterboro
Econo Lodge Walterboro
#1 of 16 in Walterboro
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Walterboro

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!