“this hotel is 3 star by far very freindly staff”

Quality Inn West Columbia
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in West Columbia
michigan
“this hotel is 3 star by far very freindly staff”
Reviewed February 18, 2009

the rooms where very clean , very comfortable,beautiful pool,front desk was very kind and helpful,i think her name was sheryl,i needed a little extra time to check out, she was very helpful,the breakfast room was clean and the food was excellent1 i would recommend this hotel to anyone! thank you so much for a great stay!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
New Jersey
Reviewed January 4, 2009

Clean room, Very Comfy Bed. I travel to the Columbia SC area for business often. This hotel is a great value. Close to Downtown Columbia. Lots of places to eat and shop nearby.

• Liked — Comfortable Bed, Clean Room
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
Clemson
Reviewed December 29, 2008

I travel a lot and stay at a lot of hotels. By far this is the most underpriced hotel I've stayed in. From the price you'd think it was a two star hotel but once you get into the bed, it turns into a four star. Great beds, clean rooms, friendly staff, great location...I couldn't ask for much more. If I travel back to the area I'm definitely staying there again.

• Liked — The beds. I actually asked if I could buy one for my home haha
  • Disliked — I had a little trouble finding it at first but it wasn't that bad.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
Myrtle Beach
Reviewed December 15, 2008

I stayed at this hotel June 2008. The overall stay was GREAT!! The price was right where I needed it to be. The hotel is under new management his name is Gee Amin, so I met the new manger. He was very helpful with helping me get the right room!! I think this hotel is perfect for weekend getaways!! The rooms were very nice. I could actually walk around without my shoes. I was also aware of the new staff! Everyone was so helpful in our stay! I would tell my family and friends about this hotel!!!

• Liked — The Great Service
  • Disliked — Didn't really know the location(which wasn't the hotels fault)
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
Murray, Kentucky
Reviewed November 22, 2008

I was very pleased with this hotel overall, great experience. I would stay again & recommend for the price.

I am very picky, hard to please type person. I picked to find most negative things to write about to give the reader both sides of the stay.

PROS:

Southern hospitality, friendly, helpful staff. Due to the weather conditions in the NC mountains I was very late arriving. Pat (female desk clerk on duty), was locked inside the facility at 2:00 am EDT. This heightened my since of awareness, felt somewhat concerned as to the security of the area. Room entrance was outside but you could park in front of the door inside a horseshoe area. I felt completely safe once inside the horseshoe lot. Room was very quiet, no outside noises or car alarms, doors etc was heard from inside. Pool was small, being late first week of Oct and raining we did not use the pool.The Ice machine was conveniently located.

The beds had down comforters, with duvet type covering, clean, and VERY COMFORTABLE, I have chronic back pain (13 surgeries) and normally wake up 4-5 times per night. but while sleeping at this hotel I awoke once! Serta hotel mattresses are wonderful!, Pat provided an excellent hand drawn map of Columbia/Ft Jackson. to aid my driving to Family day and Graduation at FT Jackson.

CONS:

The room was very HOT upon arrival. Perfumed or air freshener type odor to used to possibly cover up stale smoke? (this was a smoking room). Furniture polish sprayed on all woodwork and was not wiped off.

SUMMARY:

Overall the Quality Inn offers a great nights sleep, and shelter at a very affordable price! (59.99 per night two full size beds.) I can not rate the breakfast offerings because we did not have the chance to try it due to tight schedule.

• Liked — The BEDS!
  • Disliked — Excess furniture polish.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
KY
Reviewed July 22, 2008

If you are tempted to stay here, just keep on driving!! The staff is rude and rooms aren't maintained. We booked this hotel through our Choice Privileges Program because we were traveling to FL and needed to stop over to get a few hours rest before continuing on. We selected this one because they said they could accomodate 5 people with adding a rollaway. We arrived between 11pm-12(which we noted in our reservation that would be about the time of arrival). We were rudely told we would not get a rollaway and our 5th person had to sleep on the floor. Needless to say, we made sure there was plenty between them and the floor. It was dirty. The air conditioner barely was blowing and the room looked as though no cleaning had been done. The "deluxe" continental breakfast was toast and cereal/oatmeal, and when the attendant came to restock she pretty much pushed you out of the way to complete her task. Very unfriendly-like. This hotel not only needs facility overhaul but personnel overhaul. Get rid of current employees and replace with ones who will act in a professional manner!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
24 Thank KyTraveler60Ky
carolinas
Reviewed July 2, 2008

This was without a doubt the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. The first night we arrived we noticed a moldy bathroom and holes in the bathroom wall. When we woke up the following morning, we saw there was an infestation of ants! While the hotel staff moved us to another room, they were rude while arranging it. The next evening, when we got back to our room, it hadn't even been cleaned! Again, the staff was rude. We'll never stay there ever again!!

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — Everything!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
Best Western Executive Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn Airport
Sleep Inn Airport
#3 of 11 in West Columbia

Been to Quality Inn West Columbia? Share your experiences!