“Recently remodeled - very friendly staff!”

Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Airport
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in West Columbia
North Carolina
“Recently remodeled - very friendly staff!”
Reviewed December 9, 2009

The rooms at this Hampton Inn have been "refreshed" since my most recent stay in October 2009 (new furniture, carpet, flat panel TVs, etc). The front desk staff is always exceptionally friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean and quiet. Very convenient to the interstate and some chain restaurants .

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Charleston, SC
Reviewed October 7, 2009

I absolutely loved my stay at the Hamptons. Upon arrival until the last of my 2-week stay the employee were extra-friendly and professional. Nikki, a front desk representative, remembered my name, and was a sweetheart. This may not mean much to some, but after a long day of work, every small, pleasant gesture matters. I am typically a Marriott person, but after this visit, I will be looking forward to staying at a Hampton hotel. Keep up the first-class work Nikki, I am in the customer service industry and your company should be elated to have you on board. I appreciated my stay here and I will be back!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
virginia
Reviewed September 22, 2009

I found the front desk very helpful at check inn. Room was clean as well as bathroom. TV was outdated a old Zenith tube model. A/C cooled room great. Was convent for me as restaurants were near by within minutes. Hall ways carpet was a little outdated. Over all I would stay again for $98.00 total on a Tuesday

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank va804
Eugene, OR
Reviewed May 1, 2009

I had a great stay here. The room was clean and neat, the bathroom was just fine. Several wings of the hotel are undergoing renovation. So it seems the Hampton chain is finally upgrading this location. My room certainly "felt" to be upgraded and just fine. the price IS a bit steep.....but it served my purposes just great. the breakfast was not bad at all; certainly not up to European standards, but....for the US, it wasn't bad. I would definitely stay here again. Service was great, the people were warm and genuine. I couldn't have asked for much more.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Hmoika
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed August 25, 2008

We just returned from attending a conference in West Columbia and were a bit disappointed with the Hampton Inn. We stay with Hampton whenever we can and are usually very pleased. First of all the room was so very small and was crammed full of furniture. The bathroom was also tiny. My husband and I had to walk sideways to pass each other in the room and we are not large people. The ceiling of the room had some mold --- evidently from a past leak. The bed was very comfortable.

The staff was most helpful and friendly both at the front desk and at the breakfast bar --- however, the breakfast area was not as clean as one would like. The containers for the silverware were quite dirty and could definitely have used a good cleaning.

Just not quite up to Hampton Inn standards and considerably overpriced.

• Liked — Confortable bed and friendly staff.
  • Disliked — Very small room and lack of attention to cleanliness.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Baley
Jennifer M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Airport, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
We are pleased to report that our property underwent a full renovation in 2010! Our guest rooms were completely gutted and the furniture in the rooms has been replaced with smaller, space-saving pieces. Also, our breakfast area has been renovated into a beautiful dining area with plenty of seating, light, and a large buffet area.
Chapel Hill, NC
Reviewed August 2, 2008

Stayed at this hotel for two nights in July. The place looks ok on the outside, but pretty old on the inside. The first room we got had problems with the A/C, so they finally moved us after taking about 2 hours to determine it is indeed broken. The second room we got overlooked the pool area, so it was pretty noisy in the evening with a horde of kids screaming and playing in the pool. Housekeeping isn't too efficient, I found hair on the bathroom floor in the first room we were given. In the second room, I found some wadded up trash behind the desk. However, the staff were polite and nice, and the breakfast was very good. There were hot biscuits, eggs, sausage plus the usual cereal and pastries.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank monkeydoc
Huntigntown
Reviewed February 26, 2008

This hotel caters to business people because it is located near the airport. You will often see flight crews there for breakfast. It is an older Hampton with interior halls and is very well kept. We have stayed on all three floors in king bed rooms. The seem a little small but they are nice. The best part of the hotel is the outstanding front desk staff and the breakfast hostess. I have never been to a Hampton that had more variety for breakfast. I would stay here every time I am in Columbia.

Stayed February 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Columbia
Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia - Airport
Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard
Best Western Executive Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District
Staybridge Suites Columbia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbia Airport

Been to Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Airport? Share your experiences!