“Low end of average”

Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Airport
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in West Columbia
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is an older property that is in need of a coat of paint in the hallways. The rooms have the appointments typical for the brand but are a little on the small side. The rooms are clean, well maintained and the furnishings are in decent condition, but you know you are in a place that is past its prime.

On a more positive note, the staff are friendly, the window AC units are newer and the TV is a Panasonic plasma and equipped with HD cable. The breakfast is well presented with a decent selection. For a night or two the place is fine.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife & I stayed 1 night while traveling through Columbia; everything was pretty typical of most Hampton Inns. The location was easily accessible to I-26! I do wish they would not serve hot water for tea at breakfast in a decanter that had previously had coffee in it. Otherwise, all was good!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is a well worn Hampton Inn. Hallways were pretty beat, rooms were clean, bathroom OK, but general appearance was older and beat. My room key did not work properly causing 2 additional trips to the desk. The desk staff was OK-but a little indifferent. I was not impressed.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed in a Hampton Inn after long time now I know why I selected to stay again with them. The best things about this Hampton Inn are: Good location, very helpful staff, excellent complimentary breakfast, nice clean room with all necessary amenities, fast wi-fi, will stay again, recommend for business traveler.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2013

My family and I stay at this hotel as we travel home from Florida to PA each year. The hotel staff is exceptional and the room very clean and comfortable. Our only complaint is the condition of the common hallways and areas of the room. This hotel needs carpet and painting BADLY. Also, the rooms are a bit on the small side from what we are used to at a standard Hampton Inn.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

This Hampton is an excellent value and so close to downtown Columbia you hardly know you are outside the city center. Front desk staff is super welcoming and breakfast staff goes out their way to get the items that seem to have disappeared from the morning buffet!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

This facility is clean and well-appointed. Everyone on the staff is helpful, friendly and polite. We used the pool and internet access. Everything worked as expected. The breakfast was fabulous! We were able to conduct a small family business meeting in the breakfast area. This hotel offers AAA discount. We were offered a discount because we were attending a family funeral. We were quite pleased with our experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Columbia
Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia - Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbia Airport
Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard
Residence Inn Columbia West/Lexington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia
2 mi away
Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbia - Greystone

Been to Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Airport

Address: 1094 Chris Cir, West Columbia, SC 29169-4722
Location: United States > South Carolina > West Columbia
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in West Columbia
Price Range: $97 - $148 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Airport 2.5*
Make a smooth landing into southern hospitality when you stay at the Hampton Inn Columbia Airport! Our beautiful 120 room property has been recently renovated, and is conveniently located near many area attractions. We are just minutes from the Columbia Airport, Downtown Columbia, Riverbanks Zoo & Gardens, shopping, restaurants, and more! Whether you are in town for business or pleasure, the Hampton Inn Columbia Airport is your one stop spot! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn Columbia Airport Hotel West Columbia