“Fixer Upper”

Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Airport
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in West Columbia
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is a well worn Hampton Inn. Hallways were pretty beat, rooms were clean, bathroom OK, but general appearance was older and beat. My room key did not work properly causing 2 additional trips to the desk. The desk staff was OK-but a little indifferent. I was not impressed.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed in a Hampton Inn after long time now I know why I selected to stay again with them. The best things about this Hampton Inn are: Good location, very helpful staff, excellent complimentary breakfast, nice clean room with all necessary amenities, fast wi-fi, will stay again, recommend for business traveler.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2013

My family and I stay at this hotel as we travel home from Florida to PA each year. The hotel staff is exceptional and the room very clean and comfortable. Our only complaint is the condition of the common hallways and areas of the room. This hotel needs carpet and painting BADLY. Also, the rooms are a bit on the small side from what we are used to at a standard Hampton Inn.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

This Hampton is an excellent value and so close to downtown Columbia you hardly know you are outside the city center. Front desk staff is super welcoming and breakfast staff goes out their way to get the items that seem to have disappeared from the morning buffet!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

This facility is clean and well-appointed. Everyone on the staff is helpful, friendly and polite. We used the pool and internet access. Everything worked as expected. The breakfast was fabulous! We were able to conduct a small family business meeting in the breakfast area. This hotel offers AAA discount. We were offered a discount because we were attending a family funeral. We were quite pleased with our experience.

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed in over 30 Hamptons in many different states. They are almost always very nice - clean rooms, nice lobby, decent breakfast and pleasant staff. This one was exceptional in terms of staff friendliness. It started over the phone when making the reservation and continued throughout the stay. Everyone including one of the guys repainting some doors always said hello with a smile and great attitude.

The hotel is being spruced up a little which is good, but the room we had was very nice and super clean.

It was also very convenient to downtown (about 10 minutes). Nice place overall.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 26, 2013

When we arrived the staff was very helpful, friendly and efficient, but when we got to our room, we found it to be way out of the norm for our previous experiences with Hampton Inn. I can't say the room was dirty as I'm sure that the housekeeper had done as well as she could with what she had to work with, but it gave that appearance because it was musty, dingy, dark and old. There was a hole behind the bathroom door at the floor area that I tried to stuff with paper as I wasn't sure what might come out of it! We have stayed in Hampton Inns all over the US and I have to say that this is the worst in looks and comfort. The staff was great..no complaints there. We will check out our accommodations better the next trip and will not ever stay there again. We had planned a couple of trips in the next few weeks and will probably look at other places. I guess our disappointment stems from having such good experiences with Hampton Inns previously. It is hard to get in 200 characters here when this Inn can be described in fewer words! It is just our opinion that it is time to refurbish this Inn.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sleep Inn Airport
Sleep Inn Airport
#3 of 11 in West Columbia
Residence Inn Columbia West/Lexington

Been to Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Airport? Share your experiences!