“Staff Great, otherwise....”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in West Columbia
Moultrie, Georgia
“Staff Great, otherwise....”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Disappointed with the hotel. Outside the staff, it just doesn't measure up. Several outside doors could not be entered (key lock out of order) Pool was green and cloudy. Rooms were musty as was the hallways. Breakfast was overcooked. This one is definitely due as upgrade. Keep the staff and give the rest a makeover.

Room Tip: Non interstate side only.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Bayport, Minnesota
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Nice room and very comfy bed and pillows. They were painting the outside so kind of a hassle getting around all the equipment out the front door. There is a Hooters and Applebees right across the driveway so that is always a plus for us. When we get settled in we like to go for a few cocktails and supper. They do have a continental breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I can't begin to compliment the staff at this location! I had to stop here last minute for the night and I couldn't have asked for a better experience at a standard hotel chain! Every single employee was helpful and friendly down to the man carrying towels in the elevator. They even gave us to go bags with water and cereal bars for our car ride.

• Stayed June 2013
Miami, United States
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is your standard Hampton Inn. Quality is uniform across the brand. Notable pluses: My flight got in at midnight and they paid for a taxi since I came in after their shuttle hours. They have refrigerated bottled water and cookies in the lobby; and REALLY appreciated this with the late arrival. Breakfast included a waffle-making station. Clean and reliable-- all I needed for the night. Two notable minuses: 1) The room had a very slight stale odor. 2) The iron had been dropped and the metal tip nicked with a sharp edge, not perceptible until it was snagging my clothes as I tried to iron them. Not really Hampton Inn's fault but annoying.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Regina C
Ohio
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed here in late April to take care of some business for my mother. I would have written this review sooner, but I have been too busy with moving my mother to an assisted living community. I normally stay closer to downtown, but had to change my plans and come into a day early. Almost all the hotels in the area were booked for some reason, so I chose this one for my first night because it was at least close to where I needed to be. I should have listened to the bad reviews. When I arrived, I was not really confident in the neighborhood. When I checked in, I was given a ground floor room all the way at the end of the hall by the stairway/exit. We are Hilton Honors Gold members and our profile distinctly says "high floor and non-smoking." When I realized the room was at the end of the hall, I went back to the desk to inquire about why my profile wasn't honored. I was told they didn't have any non-smoking rooms left on the upper floors. That did NOT answer my question. I asked if I could at least be moved away from the exit and closer to the middle of the hotel. They said they had one room across from the laundry and that I could move to that room, but a crew would be coming in around 4 AM to prepare a group of rooms for a corporate customer and it would be noisy. I told them that was fine because I would be up early anyway. By the time, I retrieved my things from the room and came back to the desk for the key, they had put me in a different room on a higher floor. I said okay and when I went to the room, I realized it was also at the end of the hallway but not ground level. At that point, I gave up and settled for the room. The room was the smallest I have ever experienced at a Hampton Inn. It had a double bed and when I sat in the desk chair, I had to get up to move it past the bed. The A/C unit was older and really loud. Plus, when I sat anywhere in the room, it blew directly on me. When I went back to the car to retrieve a couple of other things that I was not comfortable leaving in the car in that neighborhood. The doors adjacent to the elevator that were close to the parking lot did not work. They had signs saying they were broken and could only use them when entering from outside. I had to walk all the way back to the front of the hotel and around the side. Also, one elevator was not functioning and had a hand written sign that looked as if it had been there a while. The entire hotel could have used a good cleaning. If there had been another option, I would have left there for sure. I paid $115 for the one night in this place and it was not even close to being worth it. I know that it is a hotel that caters to businesspeople on a per diem and that those people get much better nightly rates than the average person. Even at a reduced rate, still not worth it. This was probably the worst hotel I've seen in several decades. When I checked out, I was going to remind them of the 100% satisfaction guarantee, but I was NOT asked how my stay was or even really acknowledged too much when I checked out. I was exhausted and had an extremely busy and stressful day ahead of me with five hours of driving and other family business, so I didn't have the energy to pursue it. The only good thing I can say is that housekeepers were cordial to me when I passed them in the hallways. Overall, a horrible stay at a time when I needed a nice, restful consistent stay. I will NEVER go back to this hotel. It should not even be in the Hilton family of hotels.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Berea, KY, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The staff at this Hampton go out of their way to make your stay a good one. They are all so friendly and act like they really enjoy serving you. The breakfast varies each day and tastes like real food, not just 'round' eggs or pastries. I appreciate the way everyone is so willing to make sure you are satisfied.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 21, 2013

my stay at the hampton was very satifying , the staff was very helpful and efficient during check in and check out. the hotel was clean and the staff reporenish breakfast even with several softball teams staying at the hotel. Good job !!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbia Airport
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#19 of 94 in Columbia

Been to Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Airport? Share your experiences!