“Not very good for a Hampton”

Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Airport
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in West Columbia
Reviewed April 29, 2013

First off the iron was broken (had a hole chipped off the side of the plate) which burned my arm by letting scalding hot water spill on me when I started to iron my shirt. Also, the shower curtain rod was coming out of the wall and sagging. The shower curtain was ripped, allowing water to get on the floor. You could see the water damage starting above the tiles. The bed was comfortable and the room was pretty clean I guess. The furniture was nice. The continental breakfast wasn't great, but hey its continental. It just didn't seem up to the typical Hampton Inn standard. Also the manager asked me how my stay was and I told her about the iron. She said she would put Hilton Points back in my account and be sending something in the mail. Neither ever happened. I'm not very picky and just want a comfortable, clean bed and a working iron. This place was just a let down I guess.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the Interstate.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 25, 2013

For the most important part: My room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the room temperature was good. The free breakfast was typical Hampton Inn fair - nothing overly exciting but good enough. The hotel is convenient to the airport and a highway exit.

The less important things: The elevator and hallways were not very clean, but not disgustingly dirty either. One elevator was under repair. The fitness center was a lot better than most hotels with dumbells, a Swiss Ball and room to do other things besides a stationary bike or treadmill. The staff I interacted with were not the most outwardly friendly people (as stated by another reviewer), but they were not rude or horrible.

I don't agree with a previous reviewer that called this hotel "The Worst Hampton Inn in the United States." I have certainly stayed in better and I have unfortunately stayed in much, much worse. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the best, I'd probably rate this hotel a 7 or 8.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Not a typical Hilton Family stay for me. Met some of the Hampton standards but was very weak in others. I've stayed in the Columbia Downtown Hampton and Hilton in the past and will stay there in the future. A learning experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We selected this hotel due to two reasons: we always stay in Columbia prior to a day and the Masters golf tournament and we have had good experiences with Hampton Inns. This trip was no exception. The check in lady was not overly friendly but was adequately so and the rest of the staff was excellent. Breakfast was typical mid-level hotel quality - bad dehydrated eggs and decent other items. Waffles are really the way to go as long as you don't mind carb-loading. Bed was actually very good. All in all, a fine place if you're looking for a typical mid-level hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
ShannahB, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you for your feedback!

We are striving daily to make sure we are exceeding the needs of our guests. You are so important to us and I want to thank you for choosing Hampton Inn West Columbia as your place of stay! We want to make sure that your next stay with us is better. Please visit us again soon.

Take Care,

The Hampton Family

Reviewed April 15, 2013

From the dated appearance, wrong room type, questionable house keeping, lack of customer serivce and poor breakfast quality and selection - I would drive right by. Stay down town at the Hampton or across the street at the Holiday Inn, you'll get a better value and experiance.

I travel quite a bit and am Diamond Hilton Honors, this hotel could get the award for the worst propery in the chain. I usually seek out Hampton for the comfort of the beds, quality of the staff and a good clean room with a good breakfast. This Hampton must follow a different manual, because it had none of that. I wont make that mistake again....next time I'm at the Hampton down town or the Embassy Suites.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.....
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
ShannahB, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Feeling comfortable, rested, and refreshed is a high priority for us and I'm sorry that some of our amenities prevented you from experiencing this. We're reviewing your comments with our team and will make the necessary repairs to our facilities to ensure future guests needs and comfort are met. We appreciate your business. We hope to welcome you back with the true Hamptonality we're known for. Thank you .

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while on a two-week business trip. I really appreciated the fact that they provided a free shuttle van to and from the local airport since I had to go there once over one of the weekends. What's even better is that they pay for the cost of a cab if no one is available to drive the courtesy van!

I had a room with a king size bed. The room was very nice, clean, and had the features I would expect, along with a bathroom stocked with everything I needed during my trip (soaps, conditioner, mouthwash, etc.).

While the breakfast was nice, I was disappointed by the waffle mix for the waffle maker. It was runny and did not have the consistency I would expect, which meant it was not able to actually make waffles. The staff was friendly but did not do anything that would make me give them '5 stars' for going out of their way or doing anything unusual or unexpected to benefit the customer. However, they did provide a contract security guard during overnight hours since the hotel is located in a more industrial part of the city (West Columbia). Having the guard there gave me an extra sense of security, and I really appreciated that.

Overall, this was a great stay! I was very satisfied and will be coming back for another stay whenever I am back in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Feeling comfortable, rested, and refreshed is a high priority for us! We value your loyalty and appreciate your business. We hope to welcome you back with the true Hamptonality we're known for! We will make the improvements we need and we would love to have you back here with us!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Clean, affordable, and right on the Highway. Rooms were a little small but Hampton quality is there. Beds are wonderful, breakfast provided. I would certainly come back. If you have HiltonHonors this is a great Hotel to spend your rewards on because it's less than the other Hamptons on the way to Florida.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
ShannahB, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback! We love when our guests are happy and satisfied with our service! We would love to have you here with us again!!! We will continue to make sure that we consistently meet and exceed your expectations!

Kind Regards,

Sleep Inn Airport
#3 of 11 in West Columbia
Residence Inn Columbia West/Lexington
Wingate by Wyndham Columbia / Lexington

Been to Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Airport? Share your experiences!