“Another wonderful stay”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in West Columbia
Eugene, OR
“Another wonderful stay”
Reviewed April 26, 2011

This was my second stay, and everything was just fine. The room was clean, neat....the bed comfortable.......the bathroom neat as a pin.....

The breakfast area had been remodeled since I was there two years ago. I must admit, I prefer the old layout of chairs-and-tables; the new layout makes me feel as if I am "on display"....but it was not a problem. the food was just fine, same as my last visit.

As always, it is the kindness and attentiveness of every person who works at this place.
When I visit the area again in 2013, I will stay here again.....no doubts!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed November 18, 2010

One of the most friendly places we have stayed. The staff went above and beyond for us (especially Vivian). Our flight was late and the places to eat was limited. Vivian picked us up from the airport, took us to get something to eat (she waited on us) and drove us back to the hotel. I would highly recommend this Hampton Inn to anyone staying in Columbia, SC.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed April 24, 2010

I'm getting ready to check out of this hotel after one night and felt compelled to write a quick review. We were greeted yesterday afternoon by the friendliest front desk clerk I think we've ever encountered, southern hospitality at its best. Our room is nicely appointed with Roman shades, small desk area with overhead lights, great quality sheets/duvet, flat screen TV, and upolstered side chair. The bathroom is sparkling clean, no issues there whatsoever. The common areas appear to have been updated, new carpeting, furniture, etc. My only "complaint" would be that we're here for a early tournament and while most of the hotel seemed to have run out very early this morning, some of us lingering behind were awoken by housekeeping checking empty rooms. Not a big deal, we had our "DND" sign in the door and were not bothered personally, just the surrounding rooms.

Breakfast was really good, and plentiful. Waffles, juice, coffee, pastries, eggs, biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit, and cereal.

While the interstate is just outside our window (literally), we did not hear "road noise" - this could be the A/C unit running/blocking out the noise but we've had a pleasant stay and would return. Oh, and free wifi was a plus.

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chargad
Chelsea, Michigan
Reviewed April 21, 2010

This Hampton Inn has nicely appointed rooms. However, I have now stayed at this hotel two times and the hotel's airport shuttle has an irritating fault: they consistently over promise and under deliver.

I have scheduled rides with the hotel shuttle now seven times. If I am told that the shuttle will pick me up from the airport "in ten minutes" it will take 30 minutes for them to arrive. Twice, I have been told that they would pick me up at a specific pre-arranged time from my local business meeting to take me to the airport, only to have them fail to show up on time. Both times, they were so late, I ended up finding one of my client's staff to take me to the airport.

Additionally, this morning there was hot water in the sink, but not the shower.

This would be a decent hotel if they would cure thse two issues.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
columbia
Reviewed April 15, 2010

I just wanted to start off by saying thank you to the management at Hampton! I m heading to Afghanistan and spent my last night here. I dreaded the five hours I would have to wait in the airport for my flight to arrive because of the 12 o'clock checkout at the Hampton. I called the front desk to see if I could get some kind of reduced rate for the the next few hours; instead of paying for a whole night, and to my surprise the management told me to "not worry about it, you can stay here until your flight leaves, on the house" I can't tell you how appreciative I was after those words. The Hampton-Airport will be my choice if I ever come through here again, and I recommend it to any military members who are looking for a hotel with who understands the needs of the military and exceeds their needs, thanks again Hampton!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
North Carolina
Reviewed December 9, 2009

The rooms at this Hampton Inn have been "refreshed" since my most recent stay in October 2009 (new furniture, carpet, flat panel TVs, etc). The front desk staff is always exceptionally friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean and quiet. Very convenient to the interstate and some chain restaurants .

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Charleston, SC
Reviewed October 7, 2009

I absolutely loved my stay at the Hamptons. Upon arrival until the last of my 2-week stay the employee were extra-friendly and professional. Nikki, a front desk representative, remembered my name, and was a sweetheart. This may not mean much to some, but after a long day of work, every small, pleasant gesture matters. I am typically a Marriott person, but after this visit, I will be looking forward to staying at a Hampton hotel. Keep up the first-class work Nikki, I am in the customer service industry and your company should be elated to have you on board. I appreciated my stay here and I will be back!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Columbia
Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia - Airport
Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Northwest
Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbia Airport
Best Western Executive Inn & Suites
Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbia - Greystone

Been to Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Airport? Share your experiences!