“Best Thai Food In Columbia area.”
Review of Mai Thai

Mai Thai
Ranked #5 of 144 Restaurants in West Columbia
Cuisines: Thai
Gilbert, SC
“Best Thai Food In Columbia area.”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife and I dine here at least 2X/month. It is a small restaurant and difficult to get seated at certain times, but the food never disappoints. My favorite standby to have sake, Coconut Shrimp soup or Wanton soup, Chicken Satay appetizer, and then split a dish of chicken and shrimp Pad Thai. Its so good I almost never order anything else. I have tried their curries and salads which are excellent in their own right. But my favorite is the Pad Thai. Warm atmosphere, but crowded. There is a very diverse dining element here.

• Visited April 2013

Columbia, South Carolina
“My New Favorite Thai Place in Columbia”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Have had one dinner and one lunch here, and both were excellent. I ordered green curry for the dinner, but had them substitute duck for the meat, and it was wonderful. Perfectly crispy, not super-salty like I've had at other restaurants in the past, and the sauce was just right in heat level, consistency and flavor. We got bunch of appetizers and those were great too. I didn't have any major issues with the service as others have commented. Actually, considering I did the 'substitution thing' on my green curry, and got what I wanted, I was very pleased with the service. Pricing was pretty good too - a good place to pick up the tab LOL!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank BlaineDeLancey
Seattle, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Green curry”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Great take a way as well as eating in. Small place but full each time I went after work.
Green curry was a bit thin, but flavorful.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank BSeattle206
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food for columbia standard but very poor service .”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We liked the food it taste fresh and healthy but service has always been poor and slow ( assuming the good food requires more time. we gave them benefit of doubt ) but service almost always seems preferential. Have tried them almost 4 times but we r meet with the same service all the time.

1 Thank Devas1
Columbia, South Carolina
“Great Thai food. Terrible Service”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This place is hands-down the best Thai restaurant in Columbia. Just don't go if you're in a rush or need to be out in less than an hour. The service is painfully slow. However, the food more than makes up for it. Chicken Amazing (peanut sauce) and the Green and Red curries are among my favorite dishes. The atmosphere inside the restaurant is very nice and cozy. The restaurant looks more than sketchy from the outside though. Blacked out windows and a flashing LED "OPEN" sign.

• Visited June 2012