“Best Name Ever !”
Review of Lizard’s Thicket

Lizard’s Thicket
Ranked #24 of 147 Restaurants in West Columbia
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Was looking for lunch while on Rt 20 in SC and was intrigued by the sign on the highway. Food was delicious - similar to Cracker Barrel but with a more homemade feel. Chicken fried steak and fried chicken were great and the sides were very tasty! I would definitely recommend the Mac and cheese, green beans, potato salad, Alabam' slaw, and cornbread dressing. All winners. For dessert the blackberry cobbler was out of this world! Staff was quick and courteous. The decor was simple but classy. We will be back the next time we pass through.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Ok we were in Columbia for my son's graduation and we kept passing this restaurant and we didnt want to eat there because of the name. Well let me tell you we were wrong and glad we stop. If you like good down home cooked meals this is it. I had the catfish dinner with collards, mac and cheese and potato salad and talking about good. My husband, mother and aunt all got something to eat and each one got something different and everyone was expressing how good their food were. We all ate out the entire time we were there and this and Ryan's Breakfast was the best meal we all had in Columbia from Wednesday to Sunday and we eat out everyday and everywhere. I always read trip advisor before I go to a new town to see what everyone is saying about the different hotels and especially resturants and I ate at this other bbq place that the reader were talking about and the food at the that place was nasty but this one is a winner. We will be back in Columbia in May and we will be eating at this place again and everything we come down. Man that food was excellent. I cant say its better than mom's but this place is on mom's heals. It's one of the best meals I've had at a resturant and I've been to some good ole down home southern places in Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, South Carolina and Louisiana.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Very affordable southern favorites. Had dinner & have had lunch here also.. Several choices of meat entrees with may great vegetables. Prompt service. Great value!

Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

As I travel the country one thing I look for is a restaurant that has a full parking lot. Been eyeballing this place for a while because this parking lot is always full. They had room for a motor home so I stopped in. I was not disappointed. The food was excellent and my server Megan was an awesome waitress. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stumbled across as traveled through SC. Really enjoyed basic food with many choices. Squash caserole a plus. I notice someone complained @ can ingrediants but I had fresh salad and for price both adults under 20$! We have had many 30$ lunches not nearly as good. If you like basic meat and potatoes with many side options this is really worth trying. Many were still having breakfast and it all looked good.