“Excellent BBQ. ”

Hite's Bar B Que
Ranked #32 of 147 Restaurants in West Columbia
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

A guy calls himself a pit master and writes a review. Don't listen to that guy. Sounds like he scraped off his taste buds long ago. One of the best local joints around Columbia. Only open two days a week so be prepared. If a place can stay in business on two days a week they are doing something right. This supposed judge shouldn't quit his day job.

1  Thank BrianCSC

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Stopped in by chance, once inside I saw it was take out only but got a plate to-go anyway. I'm a Master BBQ judge always looking for a local BBQ place to try. I found the meat to be rather bland and tasteless. No smoke, no flavor, nothing; I don't think they even put a little salt on the meat. Meat texture was okay but the lack of taste was disappointing. The plate came with a glop of tasteless hash served over the worst rice ever, I think it was boil-in the-bag. This too was a waste of money. Tasteless meat makes tasteless hash. I picked at the meal in my truck and gave a moment of thought to asking for money back, but just called it a buyer beware experience. Left hungry. Surely you didn't think I was going to eat the stale little mass produced dried up bits called rolls to fill me up?

The service was fine, nothing wrong there just need to get them to serve decent food.

Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

I'm a Master BBQ judge and I live and work nearby. I love to drive by and smell the aroma of the old fashioned wood pit and BBQ as it fills the air on Thursday and Friday nights. The technique is first rate. The meat was smoked well but the mustard sauce is bland and the sandwich I had was dry.
This was not my first visit but I have yet to be impressed.
I would recommend that you give it a try, even average SC BBQ is better than most.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The Bar B Que pulled pork was great. The hash was a little bland but I am very picky when it comes to my hash. The sauce was great and it was perfect for that July 4th holiday. Looking forward to enjoying some more Bar B Que from there in the future.

1  Thank McConnaughhay
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Best slow cooked, wood smoked pork you can find. Family owned and run for years and years. They also know how to cook BBQ chicken. May be the best kept secret.
Homemade mustard based sauce served on the side. Slaw, hash, rice, bread and buns.
Cement block building, no table, no chairs. Everything is to go.
Try it and you'll like it.

1  Thank John D