“Best Fried Chicken”

Zesto of West Columbia
Ranked #1 of 148 Restaurants in West Columbia
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is my favorite fried chicken restaurant (although they serve burgers and other things I'm told). I've eaten here half a dozen times and never been disappointed. If you're looking for atmosphere you need to drive on. But if you're looking for southern fried chicken you need to stop.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Whenever I'm in a new place and want a quick bite to eat, I'd rather go to a local spot than Wendy's or something. This place was right up that alley. I stopped in and got a burger basket with fries. The french fry recipe has been stolen from every carnival and fair in America. They are crispy and delicious all the way down to the last one in the container! Burger was tasty too. Reasonably priced and right in the middle of everything. You won't go wrong ordering lunch here!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I can only speak about the chicken … it’s the best in town. I tell myself that the next time I eat there that I will have a burger ... but I always order the chicken.

1  Thank bobbyarcher
Reviewed January 16, 2014

On this recent business trip to Columbia, my host asked if I wanted to try some real authentic southern friend chicken for lunch. We arrived at Zesto and it resembled a 1950's ice cream stand. You go to the counter to order and choose from chicken, burgers, or sandwiches. I ordered the chicken basket and it came with three pieces, fries, and cole slaw. Lots of napkins later I was satisfied. Hot and juicy, the food was absolutely delicious. Don't expect much ambiance because there was none. The meal though was worth the ride from the office.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

When I travel in the south, I always try to have the local fried chicken favorite hoping for a breakthrough. Not here. The service was fast and friendly but the product was just average. Minimal seasoning and TOO salty for my taste.

1  Thank CreativeGuy4U