“Great chicken!”

Zesto
Ranked #1 of 143 Restaurants in West Columbia
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Columbia, South Carolina
“Great chicken!”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I can only speak about the chicken … it’s the best in town. I tell myself that the next time I eat there that I will have a burger ... but I always order the chicken.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank bobbyarcher

Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
“Gotta try the chicken”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

On this recent business trip to Columbia, my host asked if I wanted to try some real authentic southern friend chicken for lunch. We arrived at Zesto and it resembled a 1950's ice cream stand. You go to the counter to order and choose from chicken, burgers, or sandwiches. I ordered the chicken basket and it came with three pieces, fries, and cole slaw. Lots of napkins later I was satisfied. Hot and juicy, the food was absolutely delicious. Don't expect much ambiance because there was none. The meal though was worth the ride from the office.

Visited January 2014
Sylvania, Ohio
“Locals love it, it's OK.”
Reviewed December 31, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

When I travel in the south, I always try to have the local fried chicken favorite hoping for a breakthrough. Not here. The service was fast and friendly but the product was just average. Minimal seasoning and TOO salty for my taste.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank CreativeGuy4U
Lexington, South Carolina
“Highly overrated for a barely average meal”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

This place came highly recommended by a friend so I thought I would give it a shot.

The good: the service was really friendly, the restaurant was clean, there was plenty of seating. Ketchup packets were in a big box and not limited so you could have a much as you needed. Free refills on tea. Plenty of parking.

The not-so-good: extremely limited, grossly unhealthy menu. No vegetarian/vegan options at all. Small, one stall bathrooms. Weird setup in that you order on one side of the building and then walk outside to get to the dining area.

I truly believe this is one of those places that people go for nostalgia reasons and not for the food. There are plenty of better places that serve chicken, hamburgers, fries and ice cream.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank charlieg71
Harlingen, Texas
“Good fried chicken!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

You can always expect to get some really good friend chicken at this place. The burgers are really good also. Sweet tea is great.

• Visited October 2013