“Even better than the first time!”
Review of Terra

Terra
Ranked #2 of 147 Restaurants in West Columbia
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Chef-Driven Restaurant in Columbia, SC featuring dishes prepared with fresh locally sourced ingredients paired with quality cocktails and exciting wine list.
Reviewed November 4, 2013

In 2009, my boyfriend, who is now my husband, brought in the New Year at Terra. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was wonderful enough for me to remember it for 4 years. We went this past weekend to celebrate our 3rd anniversary, and it was even better than I remembered! The food, the wine, and the service were still outstanding! I had the "Quack Madame", seared sea scallops, and pistachio creme brulee. My husband had the lamb mac, Berkshire pork chop, and the homemade ice creams. It was all so fabulous and seasoned perfectly. Our waitress was friendly, professional, and knowledgeable about the food and the wine. The manager came over to greet us shortly after we arrived, checked on us halfway through the meal, and invited us to return as we departed. Some of those things may not be important to some but it's all an important part of the experience for me. This is personally not a place I would take a child. At least not one under the age of 13 that does not have a bit of a sophisticated palate. We will definitely be returning for a 3rd visit. It will not be a 4 year gap this time. Thanks so much Terra staff!

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Terra is not equivalent to a 2 star Michelin restaurant, but that said it is as good as most of the restaurants in Charleston. Mike Davis uses as many local ingredients as possible seasonally. he sauce served with milk poached veal was as good as any brown sauce I have ever been served.
My suggestion is that the menu should be varied a bit more and perhaps this could become the top restaurant in the state.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Wow! We had a table with a view to the city. The service was outstanding. We did not make a reservation but they were very accommodating. The food was wonderful, was even tempted to share dessert. Very nice wine selection to accompany appetizers and entrees. The house made ice cream and the house made charcuterie were really a treat. First time and most likely not the last....

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We visited Terra for the first time recently and were superbly impressed with this restaurant. We had lamb mac and cheese as an appetizer ... I cannot explain how mouth-wateringly wonderful that was. It had a perfect, crispy, light crust and large strips of lamb that were almost barbeque flavor - it sounds odd, but it worked out beautifully. I had the rabbit, spinach and walnut pizza which was fabulous. The walnuts added a nice, satisfying crunch and the spinach was obviously fresh - it had so much flavor! The crust was thin and crispy. My fiancee had the duck pizza with caramelized onions and port-soaked cherries - that was interesting, too, though not as good as my rabbit pizza. Then for desert I had the peach and blackberry cobbler that was presented in its own tiny casserole dish - cute and oh-so-delicious. My fiancee had the upside down blueberry cornmeal cake which was tasty but I was too busy licking the tiny casserole dish to care.
The service was perfect - not too obtrusive or overly friendly; just simple kindness and attentiveness.
The server even switched out our white napkins for dark ones since we were dark clothing. I thought that was a nice, surprising touch.
We will absolutely go back to Terra – we might make this our new “special night out” restaurant.

1  Thank encore_cutie
Reviewed September 4, 2013

If you are in Columbia, SC for the evening, you MUST go have a meal at Terra.

My wife and a few of our friends had 8pm reservations. We arrived early and sat at the bar for a drink while we waited. That's where we met Andy. Andy, the bartender is top notch. He is friendly, engaging, and REALLY knows his wine.

After we were seated, we were presented with a very unique menu. They have a regular menu and a featured special. We ordered 3 different appetizers. Our favorite was the lamb macaroni and cheese. It was prenominal. I almost wanted to order another.

Our entrees then came out and all of them were beautifully plated. The presentation was impressive. Due to the fact that we were out with friends, we all tried everyone else's plates. They were all delicious. I would have been happy with any of them. We had absolutely no room for dessert, but I'm sure that their desserts would have been equally as delicious.

Long story short, I will be visiting Terra again the next time that I am in Columbia.