“Best barbecue in town”

Ranked #11 of 160 Restaurants in West Columbia
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Buffet
Description: The Original location of South Carolina's Favorite Barbeque! Real BBQ, Cooked on our Hickory Wood-Fired Pits for 24 Hours!We cook our BBQ the old fashioned way, over hickory coals for 24 hours to optimize that smoky flavor with no preservatives or chemicals! Taste our Ribs, Chicken, & Brisket, and one of the Best Burgers in Columbia! Family Owned and Operated since 1953.Country Buffet at this location in West Columbia, Wed - Sun lunch, Thurs - Sat dinner.
Reviewed May 24, 2017 via mobile

Most southern people really love a mustard-based barbecue and if you haven't had a mustard base barbecue sauce ,you must try it. Maurices has been around for decades and it is definitely still the best barbecue that you could find in Columbia South Carolina.

Date of visit: June 2016

Reviewed May 23, 2017

Stopped in for a meal featuring real SC barbeque. We weren't disappointed, portions are generous and very tasty.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

I term this food as challenging because I know, or maybe 'suspect ' is a better word , that this food would be absolutely amazing if it were served fresh. I arrived mid afternoon on a long weekend and everything appeared to be dried out and definitely not at it's peak for flavor. I grew up in South Carolina but in the upstate the mustard based sauces are a little strange but I think I'd love it under better circumstances. Maurice needs to change his politics but his bbq is pretty darn good

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed May 2, 2017

When in Columbia area, you really must eat here. It is, by far, the best mustard based BBQ ever. Great smoke flavor and the sauce! Well, just plan on buying some bottles for home when you get through eating. I think the sides are just average, but the BBQ pork or chicken is really what you come for. You will come back for sure.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed April 21, 2017 via mobile

We've been enjoying this place for over 50+ years. The food is fine. I simply want to comment that the prices haven't truly gotten ridiculously high. It is reflected, in my opinion, in the empty tables all around us. Sad.

Date of visit: April 2017