“Awesome down-home BBQ!”

Ranked #8 of 147 Restaurants in West Columbia
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Buffet
Description: The Original location of South Carolina's Favorite Barbeque! Real BBQ, Cooked on our Hickory Wood-Fired Pits for 24 Hours!We cook our BBQ the old fashioned way, over hickory coals for 24 hours to optimize that smoky flavor with no preservatives or chemicals! Taste our Ribs, Chicken, & Brisket, and one of the Best Burgers in Columbia! Family Owned and Operated since 1953.Country Buffet at this location in West Columbia, Wed - Sun lunch, Thurs - Sat dinner.
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I've had quite a bit of BBQ pork in my day, and I was pleasantly surprised to find Maurice's at our stop in Colombia on our way home to Florida. We parked in the old drive in section, and I enjoyed giving my girls the quick history lesson. We also enjoyed all the old photos inside. These folks have been BBQing for a long time, and they pretty well have it figured out! Beans and slaw were excellent too. I'm wishing I would have gotten a bottle of sauce to bring home. I've had some mustard-based sauces but theirs is really, really good. I think I might have to order one. If you like real BBQ, there's no way you won't like this.

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Overall decent meal. Drove a little out of our way to get there and the buffet was closed on Wednesday. No pulled pork without mustard sauce, out of mac & cheese you see where this is going... but honestly once the food was received it was good and the service made up for it. Would try them again.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

The best BBQ in SC!!! Every time we go on trip we have to first stop by Maurice's BBQ in SC. My family counts on Maurice's BBQ to be fabulous every time and they have yet to be disappointed. I wish they opened earlier than 10:00. My family enjoys the ribs so much we actually sat in the parking lot for 20 minutes for them to open crazy right!!. After you try them you will know why. Keep up the great cooking Maurice's .

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We have eaten at this restaurant many times before and found the food great but today we stopped to have the buffet since it was Father's Day. We arrived at 2:45 PM and ordered the buffet. We were not told that the buffet ended at 3 PM. When we got to the buffet there were many items missing/pans empty and was told that they were not refilling them because the bar closed at 3 PM. The cost of the buffet was 12.99..I was not the only one complaining about the food. Several people came in after us and ordered the buffet. They also were not told that the bar would not be replenished. After much complaining by many customers they finally put out some more ribs and fried chicken along with hush puppies and skins. The vegetables were not replenished and they were out of banana pudding (one of their specialities). One lady had to ask for cobbler from the back to get dessert. This type of service by the kitchen certainly is not their normal way of doing things and will certainly hurt their reputation.

1  Thank Peggy P
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Very tasty BBQ , but the stars of the show here are their sweet potato casserole and their banana pudding.
We had their lunch buffet which is kept very well stocked and has a nice variety of choices. Worth a stop.