“Southern BBQ”

Maurice's Piggie Park BBQ
Ranked #13 of 142 Restaurants in West Columbia
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Original location of South Carolina's Favorite Barbeque! Real BBQ, Cooked on our Hickory Wood-Fired Pits for 24 Hours!We cook our BBQ the old fashioned way, over hickory coals for 24 hours to optimize that smoky flavor with no preservatives or chemicals! Taste our Ribs, Chicken, & Brisket, and one of the Best Burgers in Columbia! Family Owned and Operated since 1953.Country Buffet at this location in West Columbia, Wed - Sun lunch, Thurs - Sat dinner.
West Columbia
“Southern BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Have eaten here many times and it is alway good. The staff is friendly, the dining area is clean and the ribs are excellent.

• Visited February 2014

West Columbia, South Carolina
“The worst bbq I have ever had.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I ate here in Feb 2014. Just do not waste your money. The food was awful and neither of is could eat any of it. Fat, greasy, yellow food that was appalling to look at and horrible in taste. I would give 1/4 of a star if I could. We will never return.

• Visited February 2014
socarolina
“ok BBQ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

It is the South Carolina mustard based barbecue sauce, which takes some getting used to. The meat is cooked ok, the side dishes are mediocre. The best bet is a simple BBQ sandwich.

• Visited April 2013
Greenville, S.C.
“Not Impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Maybe I'm spoiled by Little Pigs but I found Maurice's to be over-priced for the small portions that they served.

Visited May 2013
San Francisco, California
“5 star BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Driving back to Atlanta from Charleston, we saw the billboard on the freeway and made our way to the giant BBQ sign about a mile down the road. OMG! The menu looked incredible, I wanted to order everything, but opted to go for the buffet for a sample.

Killer ribs and fried chicken, however the hush puppies and baked beans were absolutely the best I've ever had. The chef told us to try the peach cobbler because he only makes two pans and "it goes"! The waitress also hooked me up with a plateful of freshly fried pork rinds and the fried okra was insane!

Love the atmosphere too. I've never been to South Carolina, and I loved listening to the accents on the table next to us, everyone decked out with confederate flag baseball caps.

This is one of the best BBQ joints I've been too and I'm so glad we stopped!