“Go Gamecocks”

Ranked #9 of 144 Restaurants in West Columbia
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Buffet
Description: The Original location of South Carolina's Favorite Barbeque! Real BBQ, Cooked on our Hickory Wood-Fired Pits for 24 Hours!We cook our BBQ the old fashioned way, over hickory coals for 24 hours to optimize that smoky flavor with no preservatives or chemicals! Taste our Ribs, Chicken, & Brisket, and one of the Best Burgers in Columbia! Family Owned and Operated since 1953.Country Buffet at this location in West Columbia, Wed - Sun lunch, Thurs - Sat dinner.
Orlando
“Go Gamecocks”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

My Wife & I always eat here every year when we drive through Cloumbia for the last 20 yrs. We noticed last year they had droped the gourmet out of their food. We went their on 11-13-2012. We should have known something was wrong only 2 people in the restaurant. This place always had a 1hr. wait to get a table. The pork was so dry had to put a half a bottle of sauce on it to get it down. Had a table spoon of hash on very old white rice. Their mac& cheese had a half inch burnt crust on the top of it. This food was left over from their last buffet. Did not stick around for desert. Will not stop here next yrar.

• Visited November 2012

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Expected More”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I had heard a lot about this place so I decided to try the buffet.
It wasn't that great, as the staff didn't pay attention to the food very well, at least the night I was there. Nothing like some of the barbeque places on the SC coast. But, I still managed to fill up.
I always manage to get my money's worth.

Visited September 2012
Atlanta, GA
“Loved it!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We just stumbled upon this restaurant and I'm glad we did. We were in town for a grappling tournament and needed to find some good food. We were looking for a buffet and we found a great one. The food was great. I had been craving pole beans this summer and theirs were wonderful. The BBQ was tender and tasty. My husband enjoyed the shrimp a lot. We got there close to closing time, but they didn't take any of the food off the buffet. The staff was really nice. If I ever return to Columbia, SC for any reason I will make it a point to eat there.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank jimpol
Columbia, South Carolina
“Gloppy, sloppy BBQ”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Owner's history of bigoted remarks make the food taste even worse. Mustard based sauce in unusual so I thought it would be worth trying. Not so.

Visited December 2011
Fort Myers, Florida
“Unless you like mustard based BBQ don't go here”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I hesitate to write a negative review about BBQ, but this place was awful. Unless you really like mustard based sauce, you're making a mistake to go here. I was really expecting great things from South Carolina Que, but even Sonny's in Florida was way better.

• Visited July 2012