“Average at best!”

Ms. B's Southern Kitchen
Cuisines: American
“Average at best!”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I have eaten at Mrs B’s three times now and I'd say overall the food is average. The buffet is a little small compared to others, especially their desert bar … not a lot of choices.

The fried pork chops and catfish were outstanding the first visit but not so on the next two visits. Also, on all three visits I have to say that the fried chicken is average at best ... the breading has no real flavor to it ... like it was breaded with plain floor. The homemade Mac & Cheese is good, the cornbread was dry on my last visit.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank bobbyarcher

Columbia, South Carolina
“This was the best southern food I've ever tasted!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I actually had the food catered from here for our V.P. 50th birthday party. We had fried chicken, baked chicken, yellow rice, candied yams, sour cream muffins, cabbage and green beans. Everything was fabulous!!!!!!!!!!The food was great and everyone loved everything. We had no complaints from anyone. In fact everyone kept asking me where I got the food from. We will continue to use them for future functions. Thank you to everyone who prepared the food!!!!!!!!
Signed Very Satisfied!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank tiredofthis123
Columbia, South Carolina
“Southern Food at Its Best”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I recently visited this southern cuisine with a buffet that has the best fried chicken that I have had since childhood. It also featured three other entrees and many vegetables such as collards, cabbage, black-eyed peas, rice, pinto beans, and macaroni and cheese. Vegetables and entrees may vary but all are good. You can also order from the menu, such as seafood. Along with their fried chicken, their signature food items are rutabagas and out-of-this-world muffins. Ms. B's is truly a treat! Sunday, July 28, 2013 was the first anniversary of the restaurant.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank rg712
Columbia, South Carolina
“Living Social Vouchers will not be honored in full...”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Beware there will be an extra charge if you are trying to use a Living Social Voucher.

We called the restaurant before we went because from past experience some of the companies giving discounts have gone out of business or will not honor their coupons. I was told there would be an extra charge because they have raised their prices since the voucher was issued. I have reported this to Living Social and hopefully they will correct the situation.

We later received a refund from Living Social on our voucher and they advised us they would contact the restaurant about their failure to fully honor the Voucher.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank C P
Columbia, SC
“Really Gone Down Hill”
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Things have really changed for the worst over the last 3 months. Less vegetables & not good flavor. Fried catfish is thinner & off flavor today. Mac & Cheese was poor today along with unacceptable fried chicken. Sorry to say but this was my last meal here.

• Visited April 2013