“Love this place. Good people. GREAT food.”
Review of Spice Junction

Spice Junction
Ranked #67 of 144 Restaurants in West Columbia
Cuisines: Indian
Columbia, South Carolina
“Love this place. Good people. GREAT food.”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I can't say enough good things about this place. For starters- It's the best Indian food in the Columbia area. It really stands out compared to the other places. While it's buffet-only the food is always hot and delicious. The owners are truly excellent people! They are helpful, prompt, friendly, and knowledgeable. I have to be honest, they complete the dining experience here at Spice Junction. They make the naan to order rather than leaving it on the buffet. That way it's hot and fresh when it comes to your table. When you want more, all you have to do is ask and they are happy to bring it. Actually - they typically come around and ask me before I've finished the first order. There are plenty of vegetarian options that are on the buffet all the time. The thing I really value about this place is how candid they are. They've told me many times that the food on their buffet is the same that they feed their family. That really means something.

Just FYI it's closed Monday and it can get slammed around the lunch and dinner rush. They are also closed for a few hours each day between lunch and dinner.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank USCHazDan

Columbia, South Carolina
“Ambience, Nah! Great Food, Yeah!”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Went for lunch with my wife after reading some reviews online. In a strip center, cafeteria look with a buffet line. Atmosphere, not so much, but the food!!! While I am a fan of Indian cuisine I wouldn't consider myself knowledgeable, no worries, the lady who was at the register was more than happy to explain each and every dish. The food was hot, fresh and the naan, which they cook to order, was delicious. A great value as well and one we'll certainly return to soon!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank David R
South Carolina
“Really Good.....”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stopped in here to try some Indian food since neither of us are real familiar with it.
Inside is sparse with only tables and a buffet line,drinks come in a can.

I was never offered a menu so I guess its buffet only.

The biryani (sp) rice was great,spicy but not overwhelming,the curry chicken was good and I even thought the goat was tasty.I shall look at goats differently now when I see them in pastures. :)
The lady/owner running the place is very friendly and explained some of the dishes to us.
The fresh made naan/bread is yum/delish...she made us 2 while we were there and 1 to go...
We will definitely return.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank CarolinaCoopers
South Carolina
“Best Indian Food in Columbia - Hands Down!!!”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I'm so excited to have found somewhere where I can get really good Indian food in the area. I'm a big Indian food lover and outside of Greenville, I had been unable to find a decent butter chicken. My search is over!! My family and I went to Spice Junction tonight and loved it. The restaurant is extremely clean. The food is authentic without being overly spiced or "hot" and there is a very generous selection. There is no a la carte selection - everything is from the buffet but you will not be disappointed. I think you would be hard pressed to leave there and feel like you had missed out because there isn't an al a carte menu to chose from. If you go there for nothing else, at least go to try their naan which is the best I've ever had and I've travelled to Mumbai. The price is very reasonable. The owner is wonderfully attentive. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited July 2012
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Let's go back!”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

This place made me and my friends (one from India) really happy. The food was really tasty. The value is incredible. The naan was fantastic. The owners were friendly, helpful and asked us what we liked most after the meal. I am anxious to go back.

• Visited April 2012